Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tundra vs LC70

Baylin

Country Flag
australia
Hey all!
I was browsing the internet earlier and I learned that in America Toyota sells the Tundra in place of the Hilux and other utes. So I randomly started wondering, how does the Tundra compare to the Land Cruiser 70 series.

Other than the LC70's superior looks :p

Just random curiosity, thanks guys!

American Tacoma is more of a direct comparison to a Hilux.

Tundra is a full sized pickup and is probably more aligned to a 79 series. Although not really as American pick up trucks are really in their own market.

Tundras are huge, the same as a Ford Raptor. I don't like them, way too much sheet metal to see where you are going off road.

I used to have a Chevy 2500 HD, and was brilliant for cruising down the highway and hauling motorbikes. Parking at the shops not so much. Offroad was a pig due to stiff rear springs for load capacity.

Performax import them into Aus and then convert them to RHD as a manufacturer.

Price? About 1/4 to 1/5 of a Sydney/Melbourne house..

American Tacoma is more of a direct comparison to a Hilux.

Tundra is a full sized pickup and is probably more aligned to a 79 series. Although not really as American pick up trucks are really in their own market.

Tundras are huge, the same as a Ford Raptor. I don't like them, way too much sheet metal to see where you are going off road.

I used to have a Chevy 2500 HD, and was brilliant for cruising down the highway and hauling motorbikes. Parking at the shops not so much. Offroad was a pig due to stiff rear springs for load capacity.

Yeah I agree, they don't look great. I don't really like American trucks/utes, they're too boxy and.. well.. ugly. Did the Chevy even fit on the main street :tonguewink::tearsofjoy:

Isnt the tundra, built on the same chassis as the land cruiser 200? But more industrial. Its bigger than any landcruiser toyota makes.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Tundra shares a chassis with the Sequoia which is a bit bigger than a 200 series. Both these are American made.

I think the current models do share some IFS components with the LC 200 though

I would love me a tundra. Unsure how it would fare in UK roads, but i'd like one anyway.

tapatalk_1472576011729.jpeg

Reactions: Ako
I always had the Tacoma as a Yankee Hilux and the Tundra as being developed solely to compete in the huge full size pickup market only found in the USA , what is it a 5l v8 !

I always had the Tacoma as a Yankee Hilux and the Tundra as being developed solely to compete in the huge full size pickup market only found in the USA , what is it a 5l v8 !

Yeah it is a 5L V8 but it only comes in petrol, so it is not as powerful as it could be.

^ 5.7L V8 which is similar to the one in the cruiser.

Back