Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Undercarriage part question - Prado 97 V6 3400

amacatan

I recently removed this part from the undercarriage and had it repainted. Now I could not pinpoint where I removed it from. Does anyone know where this part should go?

Attachments

• 20131212_102117.jpg
    20131212_102117.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 124
This is the same car that's making the noise, right?
Did it just start making the noise after this was removed?

I don't recognize the part but jack points are often directly beneath the bolts that hold your seats in .

Once a upon a time I had a part like that under mine. It bolted under the passenger side. It's in the landfill now.

Thanks for the replies. By the way, it is made of hard plastic, not metal. Fridayman, if it is not too much trouble, can you post a pic where exactly this part should go? Thanks!

This is the same car that's making the noise, right?
Did it just start making the noise after this was removed?

Yes, this is the same car. The noise occurred after this part was removed but not immediately after. Also, I have a friend who also owns the same Prado model and he had this part missing as well without any problems with his car.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the replies. By the way, it is made of hard plastic, not metal. Fridayman, if it is not too much trouble, can you post a pic where exactly this part should go? Thanks!

Sorry, I don't have any pics. From memory... It was on the passenger side just behind the front wheel.

Yes, this is the same car. The noise occurred after this part was removed but not immediately after. Also, I have a friend who also owns the same Prado model and he had this part missing as well without any problems with his car.
How do you know your friends one was missing if you don't know where it goes, how did you know where to look on his to see if it was there?
Sorry if I'm being a bit thick.

How do you know your friends one was missing if you don't know where it goes, how did you know where to look on his to see if it was there?
Sorry if I'm being a bit thick.

Good point! But I think it is not much difficult to look at the undercarriage and see if I can find the specific part.

Anyway, I was already able to identify where I removed it from. But I decided to removw it again since I do not think that it is for this specific car. I saw another same model Prado and it too does not have this part. I am thinking that the previous owner just put this from parts lying around by mistake (I am not the first owner).

Back