Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Vehicle sourcing service...

stan

I have set up a section through my overland website to source landcruisers and expedition vehicles for people, its now an advert on here !
I have many contacts in Europe and can assist people in getting what they are looking for..

As the Mrs is german we can offer different levels of service.. we can communicate with the seller, we can do the negotiations, we can go fetch it and we can import it, depending on what level of help is required !

I also have access to NEW landcrusiers all Euro V compliant:shock:

So if you are after a truck and we can be of any help please get in touch..

Stan

http://www.theoverlander.org

When I say NEW I mean the 70 series that are not available here at present !

singlecab.jpg

All available but LHD..

easy, I want yours:pray:

saw it at the show and love it, sadly though, can only offer about 50quid at the moment:whistle:

but I love it, great truck!:icon-biggrin:

ooooer, how much those 70 series diesels then?

Depends on spec and age..New around £45k+vat +RFL+Del

Depends on spec and age..New around £45k+vat +RFL+Del

So are we talking £50k+ for a 70 series pickup or Troopy etc? I thought these vehicles had very few electronics or creature comforts :wtf:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've found most Toyotas are very expensive in Australia. If I had known before we moved I would have brought another one over with me. There are however a lot more to choose from, and ex-mine trucks (76 workmates, 105's, etc) can be had for reasonable money.

Last edited:
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that after Japan we are one of the cheapest places to buy cars.

Pete

A lot of the cost is making them Euro V compliant, the regs for most of the world are pretty low, Europe is one of the strictest as far as emissions go, there are a few companies dealing with this in Germany. If you don't want new then they are a lot cheaper and plenty around, for example a 2008 HZJ 79 pickup with 150000km LHD UK reg for approx. £30k, likewise with troopys from £20k-50k depending on spec..

That's still a hell of a lot of money for a very utilitarian pickup and it's LHD. You can get a brand new full spec Hilux for less than that and it'll be RHD. I guess it depends on how desperate you are to own a 70 series pickup. It would be interesting to see how they were priced if Toyota decided to make and import a RHD version. JMO

Last edited:
I agree, they are basic and utilitarian, but in some ways that's half of what makes them so desirable.
I have done tree work for 20 years and owned a landrover, Nissan,L200 various hiluxs and an 80 series, none of them compare to the 70 IMO
My most recent vehicle was a 2010 Hi lux invincible, great truck but way too 'electronic' for my job, electric windows, carpets and shiny bits, when all I want is a good motor for towing, off road capability and reliability, that's when I started down this road..
As a work vehicle or expedition vehicle I would choose a 70 everytime(He says owning a 47!), I think the 4x4 market in the UK is aimed at SUV users these days and if you want a work truck you have to put up with a landrover, the hi lux being the next best thing, but its just too light.
So whilst they are expensive for such a basic vehicle you are buying something quite different I think.
We wouldn't be having these conversations if Toyota brought them in, we would just all own one !!

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that after Japan we are one of the cheapest places to buy cars.

Pete

England at least is very very cheap for used cars. Coming from Australia and after 8 years I'm still a little bit in disbelief how much value for your pound you get here. Along with no stamp duty when buying used cars it makes it all very easy :)

Back