Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VSC and sideair bag dates?

Bigcheese

In looking for a LC, could anyone please tell me when VSC and side air bags got fitted to UK spec 100s please?

No side air bags at 1999 it seems?

Ta muchly :)

In looking for a LC, could anyone please tell me when VSC and side air bags got fitted to UK spec 100s please?

No side air bags at 1999 it seems?

Ta muchly :)
As Phillip Amos said, from the first facelift 2003,....... Edit, Aug 2002 and on. Thanks uHu.

If you do buy a LC 100 with curtain air bags, it might be worth checking if the recall (campaign number CGG01, Ref CE00749) has beed done or not, it's to do with the side curtain air bags ECU, not a prob if it hasn't been done as it's all fitted FOC at a Toyota dealer.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Aug 2002 production. There is both a side airbag in the seat and a curtain airbag from above. The curtain airbag also has a roll sensing function that can be turned off (with the switch "RSCA off")
VSC depends on options and Petrol/Diesel.
Here's from the FSM for the 08/2002 update:
upload_2019-10-30_17-20-59.png

Last edited:
Could anyone advise if there's something obvious that says VSC is present? Sticker etc?

Could anyone advise if there's something obvious that says VSC is present? Sticker etc?
If youv'e got VSC, the letters 'VSC' should light up when you first turn on you ignition, (the letters are near you speedo), then go out after a short time, also if you have VSC try pushing the center diff lock button then the 'VSC OFF' should light up.

Mine is a early 2004 Diesel and hasn't got VSC:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back