Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

vsv constrictor 2

Paulsven

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi guys

Yet another question I'm afraid!

Have been busy fitting the engine back in my 97 collie and can see the finish line but I'm not sure about something and wondered/hoped someone could help.

At the back of the turbo/intake pipe there are 2 devices which I believe are called vsv constrictors 1 and 2. One is black in colour and the other orangey/brown. The black one (number 1) I think is sorted. The Orange one (number 2) seems to have a small metal pipe protruding that I am convinced must have something attached to it. The vac line runs from the vac pump, along the block, up passed the head and in to these vsv things which then exit via another rubber tube and plug in to the egr??? (or somewhere near it!)

Does anyone know if vsv 2 has anything else attached via this tiny metal pipe and if so what and where it comes from.

Thanks

I blocked the pipe leading to mine this weekend and it made no difference at all if that's any help , search the forum for "1kz-te questions" started by Craig for some pics .

I blocked the pipe leading to mine this weekend and it made no difference at all if that's any help , search the forum for "1kz-te questions" started by Craig for some pics .

Are you saying it doesn't really do a lot Shayne?

Have a look HERE about halfway down the page are 2 diagrams which should help you.

Well Craig is rebuilding his motor and felt it was down on power so tried blocking the vacuum pipes and suggests it made a difference . Then someone suggested these have something to do with limiting fuel on boost which is what caught my interest , so i blocked mine but didn't get a result of any kind :think: maybe Craig hasn't blocked the egr , or maybe some other modification on mine makes the difference irrelevant ?

Your pic doesn't tell me much but irrc there is a pipe coming from the engine casing just above and behind your oil filter which leads to one of the solenoids then a pipe connecting the solenoids together . The tube on the brown plug connects to the lower part of that mushroom thing whatever its called and the black to the higher bit .

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have a look HERE about halfway down the page are 2 diagrams which should help you.

Thanks Trevor. Looking at the diagrams it doesn't look like any pipes connect to it other than the ones I have done. It does look like it should have something on the end, maybe a plastic cap like on number 1. Hopefully nothing important! I'm pretty sure it wasn't on there when I took the engine as it's not in any pics I took! I suppose I'll soon find out!

Back