Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted . . .24v gauge cluster for 1979 HJ45 with MPH.

chris6556

Country Flag
uk
Hi,
I've just spent two & a half years restoring a HJ45.Now she's up and running but in order to register it I need a speedo with MPH,mine is a LHD
imported from France and only has KPH which I will happily exchange or part-ex for the right one.The one one my vehicle is also not compatible with the ammeter as I have a spare block connector behind my speedo with nowhere to go and the two terminals you would associate with an earlier model on the console.Any ideas,help or advice would be appreciated as the only one I've seen on the web is in the USA which is £650 that I'd like to not have to spend.

Cheers,
Chris.

Last edited:
Hi Chris can you make one up out of a HJ60 cluster and keep looking for one good look with from Tony

Hi Tony,I don't know but will look into it.The one in the US is for a HJ47 but looks identical but has 20km less on the clock.At some point I'm going to have to test the one I have to see if it is actually showing the right speed.If it appears to do so,I may have to have a new clock face made up.

Instrument cluster

Hi Tony,I don't know but will look into it.The one in the US is for a HJ47 but looks identical but has 20km less on the clock.At some point I'm going to have to test the one I have to see if it is actually showing the right speed.If it appears to do so,I may have to have a new clock face made up.

Hi Chris, i have an old MPH one for an FJ40 i assume its the same or at least the face is? pm me for me info, cheers Jon

Still looking for a 0 to 100 Mph speedo,so if anyones got a spare one knocking about,I would be very interested.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey Chris, you still need that speedo? i still have it by the way, cheers jon

I have come across one too, 24v 100mph complete instrument unit.
PM me

Thanks

Hi Chris have a look on eBay item number 252205036731 good look with it from Tony.

Anyone know how to get hold of this dude???
Sorry to have missed all this help but at the time I got a tad impatient and spent over £200 importing one.
I didn't really look on the site again until this year when I'd got it on the road.In fact I've only looked at this thread now,so much belated thanks but I sorted it out eventually anyway.The expensive way.

Back