Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted: 70 series RH rear fog/reverse light unit

Gr8Yota

Country Flag
scotland
As the title

Looking to buy or borrow a RH fog/reverse light unit (D pillar mount). It can be returned to you if required, I just need it for IVA purposes. ThanksDFBEE372-C45E-4D14-BE22-EB6DABD47725.jpeg

Iirc, you could just wire in a red light and mount it anywhere at the back for the old sva test thing. Would that work for the IVA too or do you need something integral

Reverse lights are part of the cluster ?
As GoK says, an aftermarket accessory/red fog light should comply. When I purchased my 78 direct from local importer, he did just that on all the jap imports he had for sale to comply, bolted under bumper on o/s.

If the truck has the non in bumper mounted lights, then if you obtain the lights in the picture above then the wiring is completely different... so better to keep the existing lights and add the "add on" lights the importers add to them.

Years back I converted my UK lj70 to the lights on the JDM imports.. better job with the upgrade, but stupidly I used all the same wire colour... so trouble shooting rear light problems later on resulted in doing the job again! Lol

Yes I could just add any old light under the bumper but I would prefer to add the correct light so that it matches the Left Side then I can leave both wired in, On the GCC cars they have left fog and reverse in the cluster but just reverse on the right, on my old 70 it had both lights, as do the AUS, SA cars. If I add a different after market fog I will have to remove the left hand cluster one as they have to match for IVA or it has to be a single light on RHS or centre

The Stop, tail, turn lights are in the bumper and I will be adding an alternative bumper down the line but will need to retain lights there.

Iwan I too swapped my UK spec D Pillar lights (fog /reverse) to EU spec (stop/tail/turn) so I could eliminate the bumper lights, I cut the RH fog into the reverse light with a red bulb which was fine for MoT but won’t pass IVA

Back