Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted: 80 Series Sub Tank parts and pieces for retrofit

Yaro

Country Flag
bulgaria
Hello,

I am looking for 80 Series Sub Tank parts and pieces needed for retrofit.
If you have preferably the entire system, please post here or PM me.

Thanks and best regards!
Yaro

Chas may still have a 160litre tank for sale ... but you would need to source all the other parts required for filling/emptying it.

Thanks. He is probably selling the one that i sold to him (from my previous 80 series) last year. :)
One thing i don't quite like with this capacity (160+ litres) is that it hangs a bit low in the rear.

With my current 80 Series i would like to retrofit the original/stock 12 gallon sub tank, as the sub tank itself is the easiest to find. There is a long list of bits and pieces around it which i hope to find second hand.

Yaro these aren't really bits that many people here would have lying around. We don't get sub tanks as an option and any one who fits one does so with a purpose so they'd buy the bits. I bought them all myself only a week a go. Filler neck, change over solenoids etc. If they'd been available second hand, I'd have had them before you I can assure you. The reason no one has replied I think is because no one has them.

Now if you have a sub tank, I'd be interested in that because that bit is not easy to find here. Let me know if you can help me there.

Chris

Hello Chris, thank you for this information.
I've seen a couple of 80 Series RHD imported from UK to Bulgaria over the last year, some of them were used for parts and two of the diesel trucks had sub tanks. That is why i thought that in UK is easier to find.

Did you buy the parts to retrofit in diesel 80 or petrol 80? I think there is difference in some of the parts depending on the fuel. If for a diesel, can you share with me part numbers, what did you buy/from where/what price? :) PM is also fine.

I can buy the factory sub tank brand new (i think it is 13 gallon) for around 330 EUR. This was the price we got last time for an FZJ80 as i don't think there would be difference in price for HDJ/HZJ80. If you are interested, i can try to find out what would be the ~ shipping price to UK.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris i would also be interested in some of the part numbers prices and where you got it all from.
i was thinking of fitting a tank from a disco so it doesnt hang down to far. going to eye one up saturday i hope.
thanks stu

It's diesel Yaro. All the parts are genuine Toyota. I just got them from the Toyo website.
I don't have a list of parts to hand. I know someone else who has done this and in essence just copied their order. The sub tank part number should be 77651-60080 according to my diagram. I'd love to know how much that would cost to get over to the UK. 333 euro is not a bad price. Compared to an after market tank from these UK robbing sons of guns.

Chris

Chris, i am not sure i understood, which Toyo site is that? Are you talking about toyodiy dot com?
I have the part number for the sub tank, the essence is the rest.
Maybe you've read this, but this is a very good and explanatory thread:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/213266-oem-subtank-retrofit-install-project-pics.html

My problem is many of the part numbers given in the thread do not match what i find in toyodiy site.
So if you share a bit more detail on what you bought and price, it would be more than great. Thanks!

Yaro, yes I mean Toyodiy dot com

I know you don't want the tank, but I DO. That's why I confirmed the part number you see? I don't have the part numbers of what I ordered. Like I said, it's a repeat order. I just said - 'yeah send me all the bits I need' and a bill. It was a lot of money. But I didn't go through the diagram and work out all the bits I'm afraid. It was a very lazy option. I have ordered the filler neck. The diverter valve, the change over relay to the pump and some hoses. Aside from that I am not sure what else will be in the bag. I do know that if you were able to source a tank, I would also need the sender unit to the fuel gauge. I was figuring on making my own tank from scratch and using a spare main tank sender that I have here already.

When the bits come I can happily write down all the part numbers for you. But til then I'd largely be guessing. It maybe that the left hand drive and right hand drive parts are different numbers?

Chris

Hi Yaro, that article isn't really relevant to what I am doing. I am fitting a tank that is separate to the main tank. Rather than a tank that empties into the main tank to top it up via a transfer pump. When low in the main tank, there will be a dash switch that flips the change over valve so that the engine pulls from the other tank. There will also be a change over so that the fuel gauge also gets the signal from the spare tank. So no sub tank gauge, no transfer pump etc.

So we may not actually be attempting the same thing. Other than maybe the actual tank itself.

I'm just throwing this out there -
It looks like my black 95 may be sold. If so I will likely keep the white v6 one and do it up when I can walk again.
The white one is an Aussie import with twin factory tanks including the switchgear.
The main tank was removed and replaced with an LPG tank.
I haven't been underneath yet but I know the filler neck is still the double one.
I suspect everything else may still be there.
Would any of the bits be usable?

... When the bits come I can happily write down all the part numbers for you. But til then I'd largely be guessing. It maybe that the left hand drive and right hand drive parts are different numbers?

Chris
I doubt specifically for the sub tank parts but it is possible. Thanks! :)
I will check the price for sub tank here based on the part number you provided and check the shipping price to UK.

I can't say what the differences are between petrol and oil. I didn't even know there was a V6! Shows what I know.

Its a v6 petrol 95 Collie mate (actually a Prado).
May be worth a gander for either of you - if so let me know.

Hi Yaro, that article isn't really relevant to what I am doing. I am fitting a tank that is separate to the main tank. Rather than a tank that empties into the main tank to top it up via a transfer pump. When low in the main tank, there will be a dash switch that flips the change over valve so that the engine pulls from the other tank. There will also be a change over so that the fuel gauge also gets the signal from the spare tank. So no sub tank gauge, no transfer pump etc.

So we may not actually be attempting the same thing. Other than maybe the actual tank itself.
Yes, definitely not the same thing, although i am also seriously considering your approach too. The sub tank item is further down on my to-do list so i have time to look from all angles. :)

I'm just throwing this out there -
...Would any of the bits be usable?
Maybe, this needs to be checked. :)

I can't say what the differences are between petrol and oil. I didn't even know there was a V6! Shows what I know.
There is no V6 stock on an 80 Series, only straight 6 and V8. i think Jonnyboy talks about 95 series. :)

Aaaaah. Right sorry. I was in total 80 mode. I think it highly unlikely that the bits would fit, but it's dead easy to check on Toyo. I might give it a try.

Hey Yaro, not having a good day today. didn't even get the part number for the tank right. Arrggghh. Just looking at some of the other bits for you to see what I come up with in terms of being common.

Sub tank SHOULD be 77001-69055 I think.

Well it looks like the tank and all the filler components are the same across diesel and petrol. But that is for all RHD vehicles. The search did not return anything for a 95 Prado

Back