Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WANTED: 90 series altimeter/tilt/clinometer gauges (km/h)

AdventureWagon

Supporter
Country Flag
australia
I want the 90 series altimeter/tilt/clinometer gauge pack that sits on top of the dash. Must be the km/h edition (have heard the MPH one is different).

Happy to pay for shipping to Australia of course.

I ended up with one from Latvia on Ebay. Not that that helps much.

Did look on gumtree but I'll try eBay as that shows international stuff too, good idea thank you.

I always wanted one of these, more for the novelty factor rather than actual use. The wiring is all there apart from the temp sensor, but the prices that are asked for them are way above what value I felt they had. I'd have one at 50 quid, not 200...

I put an exterior temp sensor and gauge from Radionics in for 18 euro instead.. can't see myself needing the inclinometer... and I know my altitude for the most part, would have been nice up the Stelvio Pass to see it approach 10,000ft, but I digress....

Yeah same here I don't really have a technical need for it just gauge envy haha!

I have them, they aren't working at the moment sadly. Need to get them out of the car and see what's what.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My guess with anything electronic and that old would be (assuming voltages and grounds were present) dry joints, connectors, capacitors, and voltage regulators.

Yes I assume it's something like that. Electronics is a hobby of mine, so I have a fair amount of repair kit, just need to find a bit of time.

Oh. I love my binnacle. Makes me feel like I'm piloting the Starship Enterprise. I was wondering where the km/h vs mph came in, as I normally just have mine set on temp. But, flicking through the modes today, I see there's an average speed mode. And, oddly, mine seems to be in km/h --even though my truck is a UK model and my speedo is in mph.

20211222_084414wee.jpg

20211222_090938wee.jpg

I think there's two versions of the binnacle too. The one I've got and a more digitronic looking one in green. Not sure which is the more modern one. I prefer my version anyway. I think it looks more classy. The green one is a bit '1970s digital watch' looking, methinks.

EDIT: I thought I was going mad, as I was sure I'd seen a photo of the green kind in this thread. Turns out it was in another thread that popped up in the 'Similar Threads' panel at the bottom:

SS 2021-12-22 at 13.23.24.png

Yep. Deffo prefer the kind I've got.

Last edited:
Back