Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted - N/S rear quarter glass for SWB 90

Hi Steven

You been out playing with ben??

Got two mate in black tint pm if interested in price mate.

Thanks karl

Karl, you shouldn't be helping him out before he's explained how he's come to need one :naughty:
:lol:
Hope the damage isn't too bad, Steven!

It was Ben's fault :shifty: ;) I was only following him, he said it would be allright :) :whistle:

Sounds good in principle Karl. but not after black tint :think: Is it easy to remove and what do they post like :?: :)

I think that Ben is in the throws of a report, I on the other hand have an insecure truck to empty before I can relax this evening :)

Back soon :)

Sorry andrew i never thought :oops:

Just seen the pic :thumbdown:

Dont know what the tint comes off like tbh. As for post.......... You can imagine.

Karl

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mmmm.........its a bit problimatic for sure :think: I'll research the tint thing and get back to you Karl, you name was mentioned as soon as it happened :D

I can imagine it was. :D

Im sure someone has removed tint on here. I did years ago and if i remember correctly it leaves a glue on the window. Petrol or something would get it off.

Leave it with you steve

Karl

sae70 said:
It was Ben's fault :shifty: ;) I was only following him, he said it would be allright :) :whistle:

Sounds good in principle Karl. but not after black tint :think: Is it easy to remove and what do they post like :?: :)

I think that Ben is in the throws of a report, I on the other hand have an insecure truck to empty before I can relax this evening :)

Back soon :)

you clearly wernt following me, because all my windows and snorkel are still intact! :whistle:

hi ,i`ve also got windows both sides make me a decent offer ,cheers ,stef

karl webster said:
I can imagine it was. :D

Im sure someone has removed tint on here. I did years ago and if i remember correctly it leaves a glue on the window. Petrol or something would get it off.

Leave it with you steve

Karl
Did a bit of research into removing window tint and it turns out that there's a couple of options. If it's an older tint (1st generation) then it can be removed very successfully using a steamer almost in one go leaving no residue, but if it's a newer tint then all the steamer will do is allow one to remove the clear film leaving the tint glued to the glass that can then only be removed in painstakingly small bits using a Stanley blade and very fine wire wool with meths and window cleaner!!! If you don't remove the clear film on the newer one then a better result can be hand by soaking the whole lot in a solvent based chemical that I can't remember the name of and most should come off leaving only the glue behind that then requires removal with the Stanley blade, very fine wire wool, meths and window cleaner!!!

Thanks for the offer Karl :thumbup: But having looked into the tint removal I shall keep an eye out for one without the tint for now m8 :)

stefoil said:
Hi there Steff :) I shall give you a call m8, after I've researched what the excess on my vehicle insurance is to have the glass replaced by Autoglass or the like as its been suggested it may be as little as £50 to have a new one fitted by someone else who will also hoover up all of the busted glass :pray: :pray: :) I'll let you know as soon as I know. In the mean time remind me of your location m8, are you down the west country somewhere?

Its the older type steven. No worries though mate.

Steff is based at ledbury hereford His con num is 07791480343 as he aint on her to often.

Give him a buzz, id be supprised if they would do it on insurance for that. Never know though.

Karl

karl webster said:
, id be supprised if they would do it on insurance for that. Never know though.Karl
Tell them it was done by vandals, not by off-roading :whistle:

karl webster said:
Its the older type steven. No worries though mate.

Steff is based at ledbury hereford His con num is 07791480343 as he aint on her to often.

Give him a buzz
Thanks for Steffs contact details Karl, your a good bloke :thumbup: :) The thought of having to remove any kind of tint does fill me with horror! I'm sure that we will be able to do business together sometime in the future so long as you keep breaking Land Cruisers and I do toooooo.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Interestingly my insurance company will pay to replace the glass without it effecting my NCD at an excess cost to me of £75 :)

stefoil said:
Your parcel arrived this morning Steff and all was still intact :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Thank you :D :D

P2240044.jpg

Back