Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted - Post 2000 Amazon, a nice one what have you got

Cptsideways

Garage
I've been tasked with finding an Amazon for a good friend, last of the 4.2TD's manual or auto so 2000-2006 etc is good, needs to be lowish miles (for a cruiser anyway) clean & tidy. I'm being paid to find him a nice one & I can happy to travel anywhere. The chap who now wants one was looking at Disco 3-4's with a good budget & I have persuaded him otherwise!

Let me know what you have or if one gets spotted feel free to tag a linky please. I'll be busy looking but more eyes is always good.

Declan 07970 642129 if its easier to call

So how come other 2007 Amazons are 20k, yet this is just 6k
How has the seller marked the miles as 60897 thousand miles, when the odo shows the leading 6 to be an 8 (80897)

Clumsy rip off of some one else s Amazon I suspect.
The advert author does not have or own this 2007 Amazon
Those images have been lifted from elsewhere, thats why they are deformed.
Advert says Amazon is silver, clearly does not look silver to me.
Calls it a Land Cruiser Prado, does not look very Prado to me.

This add is just so wrong

Gra.

http://eng.localmartuk.com/burnley/item/toyota_landcruiser/86658115

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There are always exceptions to the rule Gra but i.m.o the crooks are the ones selling for 20k , i bet these ads always offer finance hoping to attract a wannabe Joey Essex or Katie Price . I have searched thoroughly and 8 to 12 grand is the going price for a car which was likely bought new for the wife to run down to the stables in by someone who drives a Bentley and such people have no interest in last years model let alone old school mechanics .

We on here are hardcore LC fans but for most an LC is just a car so they will think why buy a 10 year old one when you can buy virtually new for the same price ?

Last edited:
I'm with Gra, at least as far as everything's wrong, scam or otherwise.

Looks too good for the money too, unless there's no floor in it.

Reading reviews about the 100 series Amazon i noted on desperatesellers website that "these are popular with clockers"

Cruiser quality + pro valet + dialed back mileage :think:

Think I might have seen this cruiser in May 2015 when I was buying my 80.

Yes it might be a good 100. But as always when buying a "used" car.... You need to take caution.

What does that tell us if the mot history claims the car has done 1000 miles a year for the past 5 years ? possible but probable :think:

I don't think questionable mileage would be a deal breaker for me if the price was right .

My concern would be the AHV or whatever it's called. If I was going for a 100, I'd go for a 105, but I'm not, so that shows I'm quite happy with my 80.

Each to their own Clive but I do find that driving the 100 is like driving a car as opposed to my old 80 which was like driving a truck, not that it bothered me but it did the the wife as she drives it every day, regarding the AHC if that packs up I will just replace with Pleiades but as the current ones have lasted 10 years its not too bad an investment...

Back