Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Warning buzzer

Tractionman

Country Flag
england
Hi 120 fans, A warning 'buzzer' is sounding on my 2006 lc3 auto , annd Im hoping someone can tell me what its for. There are no dashboard lights on , just the 'buzzer',which comes on when ignition is turned on , and stays on once started.
I have recently replaced both front disc backplates, which as you know, involves stripping out front hubs, and I was most careful in keeping abs rings clean and free from damage, as the wiring with no undue stress, but that was weeks ago.
I have also in the last few days had the air box complete off, to address some rust issues in that area.
This involved gently moving main thick wiring loom in places and masking abs pump, wiring and pipes up to spray. The pump and pipes were not removed or tampered with. It was after completing this job the 'buzzer' came on. It starts like Morse code, then goes to a louder continuous tone, which doesnt stop. As both these recent jobs revolve around the abs, I'm hoping that is not the issue, also would the wiring to the air box include a warning 'buzzer' ? The air filter is new and connections are complete. I am stumped with this, as no lights on to point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Hi 120 fans, A warning 'buzzer' is sounding on my 2006 lc3 auto , annd Im hoping someone can tell me what its for. There are no dashboard lights on , just the 'buzzer',which comes on when ignition is turned on , and stays on once started.
I have recently replaced both front disc backplates, which as you know, involves stripping out front hubs, and I was most careful in keeping abs rings clean and free from damage, as the wiring with no undue stress, but that was weeks ago.
I have also in the last few days had the air box complete off, to address some rust issues in that area.
This involved gently moving main thick wiring loom in places and masking abs pump, wiring and pipes up to spray. The pump and pipes were not removed or tampered with. It was after completing this job the 'buzzer' came on. It starts like Morse code, then goes to a louder continuous tone, which doesnt stop. As both these recent jobs revolve around the abs, I'm hoping that is not the issue, also would the wiring to the air box include a warning 'buzzer' ? The air filter is new and connections are complete. I am stumped with this, as no lights on to point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Is it a loud warning buzzing noise or a dull buzzing noise , as far as I knew there are only 2 warning buzzers one for the lights left on and one for the vehicle stability control , never heard any other buzzer ,

Have you checked all the connections to the brake booster are all ok after removing and reinstalling the airbox . because I am not sure but I think the brake booster could have a warning buzzer if it has a fault , but that would I think also give a warning light ,

Looking at the repair manual for clues... there seems to be a brake warning buzzer, or at least the buzzer may sound if there is a brake problem.

See attached (sorry for the bad quality). From that table though, it looks like its always accompanied by a light, which your not seeing...

I trust the warning lights are working OK - always worth a check! :)

Attachments

• 20200713_110627.jpg
    20200713_110627.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 38
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have not come across any warning buzzer that does not have a light associated with it except lights left on when ignition is turned off.
Daft question but are all your dash lights working?
I know when i had some beariung ABS problems i got dash lights but no buzzer.

Simon

Thanks for replies/ suggestions guys. Further to my description, it's not a buzzer as I bzzzz, more of a tone that comes on fast bipbipbipbip beeeeep bipbipbipbip......and keeps going, and loud enough with the morse code to make me think it's serious enough to draw attention to it, like NOW !
Yes I thought it might be lights on warning but thats a different tone and I too couldnt find any other warnings in the manual thats been mentioned either. All illuminations and lights on dash work and all those that should come on with ignition do and go out after starting. I have rechecked connections and wiring around air box, but will take out again as at least one IIRC is under. I did checkall on reassembly, but you never know. Just been out to check on things mentioned or missed and had a fiddle and the sound is coming from behind glove box area. I think I will remove to see if I can identify 'buzzer also along with air box. As I didnt hear it until after I had removed and replaced air box I am thinking that area, who knows, but why the 'buzzer' ?
Just off to quacks now, so may be tomorrow to get back to you. I appreciate your help as always guys. Thanks

Its not that damn parking sensor buzzer is it? In the front, thats behind the glove box - its over on the left wall - you can get at it once you take the glove box out.

Karl, don't get me going about those parking sensors. Haha. I thought when they eventually packed up I was rid.
Good suggestion though, that needs further investigation.
Andy, no sun roof but good thought.
Thanks for these, will be back.

Haha if you want to rule them out completely maybe disconnect the brain box over the rear passenger wheelarch or wherever you found it!

Ok you good people who posted, a result.
I removed air box again, checked all connections around and under and reassembled, no gain.
Karl, you know those f#$%ing sensors we both had issues with a while ago and my front and rear eventually died? They rose from the dead. Well, after taking part of the glove box out and finding a removable panel with a yellow connector and wires, which I am informed are for the air bags, I quickly put it back together, - I don't need further problems.
As you had mentioned the sensors, with that in mind I disconnected the fronts at the bumper and apart from one long beep when ignition on and starting, its gone!
I will now delve into that panel where the isolating switch for rears is to find the brains behind it and give it a full lobotomy, Never had the things before and don't need em now, another gimmick to play up.
Thanks as always to all that tried to help, even when my crap sound description didn't translate well.
It wasn't the same tone as I remember, but hey ho, once pointed in the right direction we got there. Thanks

Back