Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Was it you?

Gav missin

Last Saturday morning on the A17 at long sutton grey 80 series lifted. Looked a well loved truck. Was towing my caravan with my 80 and mel behind in her 100 towing my mates van as he didn't want to damage his newly aquired bmw x4 by towing with it. Yeah I know!!!! And today within a few hundred yards on A17 a black and white 55 series. Lovely sight. Someone must know it.

Image (1).jpeg
seen at Vallis Vale on Friday 10 September very tidy 60 looks good on outside and tidy inside big credit to the owner

I think with several of the X series BMWs you have to spec a stronger diff from new for towing ! (this may be fiction of course )

It appears very few fully electric vehicles are certified for towing. The Tesla Model X has the highest rating at 2270kg, still well short of the 3500kg of a 80 or 100 series and you can bet your life doing so will cripple the range. In theory, electric vehicles are better suited to towing with their torque delivery characteristics (hence diesel electric Locos and heavy mining trucks etc) but battery power is still a long long way from being an acceptable alternative.

I think the Tesla pickup truck has a 6.5 Ton tow capacity and gross train at 9.5 Ton ( but do check... )

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@SteveJB nice old school high roof 60 you've happened across! Very interesting to see the difference between the two and the evolution of the cruiser station wagon! Cheers for the pic :thumbup:

Think I might have walked past the owner and his dog and if I see him again will ask him about his truck pictures don't do justice to it there got to be a good story about it to be as clean as it was

The 60 series has got to be the best looking Land Cruiser of all time in my humble opinion..... I loved mine... The perfect Truck would be All the running gear and Engine of a 24v 80.. With the 60 series body Plonked on top.... Im sure someone's done it....

I also like the look of the 60 series, especially the squared-off front. For me a perfect 60 build would have a V8, possibly from the 100 series or, with the funds, maybe even a LS3.

That's true given the current trailer technology - effectively dumb trailers / campers /whatever, but what if the trailers became more technically advanced, self propelled with their own battery packs and electric motors controlled by the towing vehicle. They could even be used to extend the range of the towing vehicle by providing additional battery packs. And then you could get into the realms of autonomous trailers, possibly fleets of trailers where the tow bar becomes virtual. I should patent this! Battery tech has made enormous strides over the last few years and will continue to do so.

It appears very few fully electric vehicles are certified for towing. The Tesla Model X has the highest rating at 2270kg, still well short of the 3500kg of a 80 or 100 series and you can bet your life doing so will cripple the range.

So that's 2 vehicles you have to charge! OMG, Hydrogen power, where are you? On a loosely related theme I see a cross channel power cable has gone down leaving us with even less in reserve......
Power Cable fault

During our recent sortie to the far north in a selection of Willys , G Waggon and Hummer we spotted 3 80's ...
A green one near Smoo Cave,
A green one in a filling station in Fort William... local by the look of it...
And one that was painted in a light green Raptor Coat again Fort William area

I think that must be three of us now who've seen the Raptor one around Fort William.

The owner of some lodges we stayed at reckoned he had been hearing about a Hummer in the area for several days and couldn't believe his eyes when he drove into the lodges and there it was parked up....

Saw a cracking 40 outside a Pub in Rye (West Sussex) Today while we were out on the Bike, Didn't get chance to stop, But it looked Immaculate..

Got flashed by an 80 series in Frome Somerset today around 1230 so was it you

Stunning looking dark green 80 series with full rack and kit towing a trailer on the A47 at Norwich yesterday lunchtime. Gave a friendly wave to me in my 24v auto. Anyone on here??

Saw i think Sarah's ex fj Tuesday in Plymouth fj02bad.

Then picking up some disco parts and bumped into a nice 80 with a new owner which has the best reg j80 hdj. Anyones old truck? Hopefully the owner will join us for some future trips and social at some point

Back