Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Washer Jets

They look very similar from the pics I have to say. Surely not difficult to bodge if they weren't. Who has a 120 and an 80?

Chris

Happy to help with this. I will check prices, 1st guess is 25-30% off UK main dealer.

Ian

Ian Rubie said:
Happy to help with this. I will check prices, 1st guess is 25-30% off UK main dealer.

Ian

I would be interested in a pair of these.

Chris, or anyone else, you welcome to my old 120 ones to see if they fit.

Crispin, we can probably do this via pics. I'll see if I can pull one of mine and take a snap inc the hole.

C

Whilst you're at it, might be worth looking to see if any other toyotas have heating as well as fan spray if you want to kill two birds with one stone. Perhaps there's a lexus which has the fan washer jets with heater.

i'll have a quick google...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Count me in on the nozzles if this happens folks, two 80s and a 90 if they fit. Tommo may be interested if they fit a 90 too. :thumbup:

These nozzles are going to be £16 a pair delivered to a UK address if anyone wants them. I have taken a gamble and have a bag of them in stock.

They are NOT a straight fit into an 80. You need to trim the gasket slightly to make both front and rear clips engage. Even when they are clipped in, the fan of water hits the very bottom of the screen. I removed the bit of the gasket furthest from the screen so if anything the fan should have been too high. The nozzles do not appear to be adjustable.

Ian

Chris Just a thought on your Idea of coiling(which I`m going to do somehow on my 90) maybe you could use silicone air line which I use on my koi pond I think its 4mm but its pretty stretchy if needed just warm it up in a cup of hot water it doesnt go brittle and you can get all sorts of connections for it ie elbows ,T`s, one way valves, straight connectors from any koi dealer or e bay.

That's handy to know. I have to say it is working fantastically well. Warm jets within minutes. Really cleans the screen better too.

Chris

Ill second that. Great fix chris.

The other week when it was minus6 odd i went to the lakes - clean screen all the way. felt for the others stopping off to clear their screens.

Ian Rubie said:
These nozzles are going to be £16 a pair delivered to a UK address if anyone wants them. I have taken a gamble and have a bag of them in stock.

They are NOT a straight fit into an 80. You need to trim the gasket slightly to make both front and rear clips engage. Even when they are clipped in, the fan of water hits the very bottom of the screen. I removed the bit of the gasket furthest from the screen so if anything the fan should have been too high. The nozzles do not appear to be adjustable.

Ian

That's an arse... not fitting an 80 straight off :thumbdown:

Tried a set on my 90 and they were very easy to fit, but they sprayed much too low (spraying into the wiper at the bottom) so took them straight off again.

andyw said:
Halfrauds do a set branded Ripspeed, with wide mist spray and adjustable.
Just popped down and bought these, I reserved them online and when I went to collect they gave me these;

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... zone=PDPz1

which are chrome ones at £3 more but for the special offer price :thumbup:

I think the adjustment is just by chamfered washers that fit below the jet on installation they don't look adjustable after fitting.

Cossack said:
andyw said:
Halfrauds do a set branded Ripspeed, with wide mist spray and adjustable.
Just popped down and bought these, I reserved them online and when I went to collect they gave me these;

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... zone=PDPz1

which are chrome ones at £3 more but for the special offer price :thumbup:

I think the adjustment is just by chamfered washers that fit below the jet on installation they don't look adjustable after fitting.

Pimp my ride here we come! :twisted:

Chas, if I'm not mistaken ( :oops: ) don't the 80 series washers have a 90 degree elbow in them so the pipe connects horizontally? Those Halfords ones are straight (i.e. vertical), so fitting may be tricky if you want the washer pipes to fit flush against the bonnet? If you don't have the fire/insulation blanket on the bonnet, then I guess this is less of an issue.

Let us know how you get on!

I've just fitted some of Ian's triple nozzle squirters to Muxley & I think they had a straight nozzle instead of the angles ones they replaced - they went in fine :thumbup:

But I am using so much screen wash nowadays with the extra nozzles!!! :lol:

I have OEM tripple jet squirters courtesy of Ian and was surprised how little the washer bottle needed topping up just :D They have been on a while now and are much better than the standard two jet version.

Back