Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Well today I've

Sag

Well today I got some wire wool and cleaned the Ali side steps,look like new now,also cleaned the wheels up with some acid and none stick pan scrubber as they looked like they had never been cleaned.had a go at fixing the middle row seats as they don't slide forward due to broken cable (massive fail),got back in touch with Toyota,they are ordering the only cable they show but say the one I need only comes with runner for£388,not getting that,hope it's the one I need what he has ordered or can be modified to fit as all seem to have same ends.
il let you all know how I get on with that.i reprogrammed the remote the other day only 2 min job,bet the previous owner wishes he did it.
well few more jobs still to do as got a clicking noise now from the front under acceleration every now and then,hope it's nothing bad.

Give the lc a good polish and wax,just on with painting spare wheel cover only for it to fall off the hook and marked it all,not enough paint to re do it due to my son painting his bike wheels oh well looks better.put some pics up in a mo.

Some quick photos after polish

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgThe BMW looks lost at the side of the lc.think I'm going to paint the writing black on the wheel cover,what you all think?

Sag, the door looks good in silver.....:icon-biggrin:

You wouldn't believe how many different colours it's been,saves on wood stain

Tidy motor you've got there, always look good for a clean.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers Gary820.still got wheels to paint and find some cheap but ok tyres.wanting an a-bar when I can find one to fit.

Always worth popping a wanted ad up on here, amazing what people have tucked away in their garages sometimes

Finished spare wheel cover

image.jpgWell finished spare wheel cover today,didn't turn out as good as expected,what do you think.

Through two sheets of 6mm double glazing and from 6m away, it looks just fine :icon-wink: and I'm sure it's heaps better than it was :thumbup:
i know not the best idea I've had ,il get a closer one tomorrow mate.

Well today I've been intouch with local Toyota dealer,I've been trying to sort the rear middle row seats out as they won't slide forward to get into the 3rd row seats due to broken cable,local stealer say they don't do it and it comes as part of the runner,then says it won't let me order it due to it been obsolete stock you will have to source it from else where,I told him I've tried to which he says sorry then I can't help you,i then tell him my car is scrap then as it won't pass an mot due to rear passengers not been able to get out,he said sorry can't help you,I then phoned Toyota head quarters told them the story and mentioned local press and guess what,they are looking in to it for me to try and sort the cable they DON'T DO as don't want unhappy customers,so why did I have to go through all this when my local stealer could of done it?
well il let you know the outcome,
sorry just had to get it off my chest as pissed me off.been sorting it all day.

Well today I've been intouch with local Toyota dealer,I've been trying to sort the rear middle row seats out as they won't slide forward to get into the 3rd row seats due to broken cable,local stealer say they don't do it and it comes as part of the runner,then says it won't let me order it due to it been obsolete stock you will have to source it from else where,I told him I've tried to which he says sorry then I can't help you,i then tell him my car is scrap then as it won't pass an mot due to rear passengers not been able to get out,he said sorry can't help you,I then phoned Toyota head quarters told them the story and mentioned local press and guess what,they are looking in to it for me to try and sort the cable they DON'T DO as don't want unhappy customers,so why did I have to go through all this when my local stealer could of done it?
well il let you know the outcome,
sorry just had to get it off my chest as pissed me off.been sorting it all day.
well got a reply today and thought I'd share the bad news for any one ever having this problem

Dear Mr Gledhill

Thank you for your email to Toyota (GB) PLC regarding your Toyota Land Cruiser Colorado.

I have spoken to our Parts Department who have informed me that the part that you are requesting only came as a whole unit, however due to lack of demand this part has now discontinued and is unavailable.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused due to this.

Yours sincerely

Jade Ive
Toyota Customer Relations

not a very good reply for a company what say there vehicles last for ever,just hope they don't say it's an MOT failure as seat won't slide on runner with out the cable,so 3rd row passengers have to climb over seat.looks like mark 2 mod coming up very soon.

image.jpgimage.jpg
SAG,
thanks for such a quick reply mate.
here is the problem,I've never seen a end like this,as you can see in pic 1 it's not a normal end,it should hook through then go up If you know what I mean,where it bends over it should have a bit which bends up as well.
Thanks again
Shaun.

You can probably make your own cable as all the bits are available from Motorcycle Spares shops.

For instance, have a look here:

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/motorcycle/controlcable.php

Bob.

Most motorcycle workshops can knock up a cable or else they would have to stock thousands of them but if you don't have time before the M.O.T why not just remove the rear most seats to avoid the question altogether .

Most motorcycle workshops can knock up a cable or else they would have to stock thousands of them but if you don't have time before the M.O.T why not just remove the rear most seats to avoid the question altogether .
Well looks like I've managed to bodge it for now,put a loop wire to the Brocken one and through the back of seat,so just pull cable to release it for now.
thanks for all your help though,and will be nipping down to local motorcycle shop tmoz.

Lc so far

Hi all,just thought I'd give an update on the Lc so far.
Fitted the dails on top of dash,double din stereo with reversing camera and cleaned up side steps and fitted wind deflectorsoh and nearly forgot painted front grill again as not happy with it first time,next is little abar for front which I've just got to clean up and a just the brackets then tyres hopefully.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    894.1 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    944.6 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.9 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    839.1 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Lc so far

Hi all,just thought I'd give an update on the Lc so far.
Fitted the dails on top of dash,double din stereo with reversing camera and cleaned up side steps,also fitted wind deflectors oh and nearly forgot painted front grill again as not happy with it first time,next is little abar for front which I've just got to clean up and adjust the brackets then tyres hopefully.

Back