Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What colour is this?

Dan W

Garage
Hi guys, I'm interested in this Landcruiser The advert says silver but I'm thinking it's grey but looks lighter than some of the grey ones I've seen. The reason I ask is because it needs rust sorting on rear window and bodyshop people want to know in advance what colour it is (also is it easy enough to do or does rear window have to come out?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0884.jpg
    IMG_0884.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 176
Rear window out to do a proper job dan. Quick and simple job to take one out though. Few have got the colour on here. I have one but unsure on colour.Jon W or Mr lomas may come forward tho.

As for it being a easy job.The rust usually is rot and eats through the tailgates.

karl

As for it being a easy job.The rust usually is rot and eats through the tailgates.

karl
:violin: Would it be a replacement and respray jobbie then? Here's a picture of its bum, and since I got 15 posts now it's courtesy of photobucket :p

IMG_08831_zpsdbd13bf3.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_08831_zpsdbd13bf3.jpg
    IMG_08831_zpsdbd13bf3.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 52
A second hand taigate thats mint and solid are around 250 now then you have paint.It may not have gone all the way in yet but normally when you take the rear plastic trim off the inside and shine a tourch up you can see it inside aswell. £200-400 quid job. Better to get someone to do it who will do it right first time round though.

Petrol 24v truck ??

A second hand taigate thats mint and solid are around 250 now then you have paint.It may not have gone all the way in yet but normally when you take the rear plastic trim off the inside and shine a tourch up you can see it inside aswell. £200-400 quid job. Better to get someone to do it who will do it right first time round though.

Petrol 24v truck ??

That's sounds not too bad, I have a semi-tame paint shop so that might lesson the impact :icon-twisted: I'm still waiting on a couple of details but it's 24valve petrol, LPG converted, 114K miles, service history for £2500 only drawback so far is that it's in Aberdeenshire and the owners are going on holiday for two weeks tomorrow night and I'm not off work until Monday :thumbdown: So it looks like I'm in for a lengthly wait.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks nice. The tail gate is one of the few weak spots and if you have one that hasn't gone, it probably will do. I had one that was repaired and it was a very good job. They migged a small plate inside, filled and resprayed. Looked like new. You can be cheeky and simply paint a black band under the window to make it look like the window seal if there is a difficulty matching the original paint.

Chris

I think that colour is called 'smoke' by Mr T - if you can get to see it again, the passenger (front) will have the paint code on a sticker, as will the VIN plate in the engine bay.

Cheers

Thanks for the replies and paintcodes. I'm hopefully going to see it in a couple of weeks time when the owners return from holiday. They only live 380 miles away so I'm hoping it's a good 'un :D

Looks the same colour as mine, in which case it should be the Moonglow Pearl. Being a pearl they'd be best painting the whole panel not blowing it in.

I've got one that colour too, I had a couple of the wheel arches painted at the local paint shop where the colour according to the paint mixing scheme is 'Opal grey'. However at the minute the top tailgate from M7SLY is awaiting treatment at the same shop.It looked like the above one, I removed the window and like Chris's repair Mig'd a very small plate under the hole and built it up. I was under the impression the dark green was called 'Goodwood Green' from the days when I was looking to buy one but according to the paint mixing scheme matching to the paint code its called 'Dark Mica' so who knows.

More confusion from

Andy

My dark green one was Goodwood Green, maybe the name changed in later years, or maybe that was a local market name for marketing purposes and the rest of the world got Dark Mica.

Back