Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What hieght is your standard LC

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Before I rush out next month & get my Ironman kit I thought I'd better just make certain that Fiery had not had a lift of any kind as people do keep saying to me that she looks like she's already had a lift :? :?: :!: So now I'm not sure :? She's definetly had new shocks all round & I'd agree that she does look well sitting on the flat black stuff :D So if someone could measure from the ground to a good reference point on a standard unlifted LC or with 265/75 tyres fitted this would be much appreciated :D

P8210198.jpg

P8210142.jpg

Attachments

• P8210198.jpg
    P8210198.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 61
  • P8210142.jpg
    P8210142.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 63
Not sure those springs look standard. Shocks won't give you a lift as the standard ones aren't at the end of their travel on OM springs anyway. Those springs look like OME ones to me. If they were original I think they'd be a bit flaky by now. You can't tell by looking at a pic so measurements may help, but it doesn't look particularly lifted to me. Standard lifts tend to raise the front higher than the rear and yours looks level. Got a pic of the rear springs?

Chris

Chris said:
Not sure those springs look standard. Shocks won't give you a lift as the standard ones aren't at the end of their travel on OM springs anyway. Those springs look like OME ones to me. If they were original I think they'd be a bit flaky by now. You can't tell by looking at a pic so measurements may help, but it doesn't look particularly lifted to me. Standard lifts tend to raise the front higher than the rear and yours looks level.
Interesting :think:

Chris said:
Got a pic of the rear springs?
Best I can do @ the mo :)

P9010236.jpg

P9010237.jpg

Attachments

• P9010237.jpg
    P9010237.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 54
  • P9010236.jpg
    P9010236.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 54
some measurements on this thread

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7515&start=0

top of wheel rim to bottom of wheel arch

i dont have wheel arch flares, not sure if that screws the measurements

front of mine now 34cm, i replaced the 50-100kg springs, with 50kg ones as it was too high at the front

AndyCook said:
offside front: 30.5cm (after lift = 39cm)
nearside front: 32.5cm (after lift = 39cm)
offside rear: 30cm (after lift = 36cm)
nearside rear: 31cm (after lift = 36cm)
:cool: I've just got in from mowing the lawn so I'll nip out & have a quick measure :thumbup:

Fiery 28cm front & 29cm rear :thumbup: So not lifted then :cool: :D

Ironman kit due in on 11th November :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The original springs fitted to Fiery must be sha***d :shock:

I've loaded her up today for a day @ my local P&P site Bures tomorrow (Sunday) & I've put it all in as I would like to have it :D Now I already know that all of my kit (HI-Lift, Waffles, Spade, Blocks of wood, Chain, Tools you get the picture all of my gear) weighs 120.85Kg my new storage box 22Kg & the coffin 15.6Kg roughly totaling 160Kg :) Is this alot of weight for a cruiser :?: :!: As I came in I looked back @ her & thought 'she looks low' :!: So I got out me tape & she's droped 4cm on the back end from the figures above & gained 1cm on the front :roll: But worse than that she'a down hard on her bump stops @ the back end :shock: :!:

I think its time for some new springs

I took a couple of pics of it this morning before I left :shock:

No wonder peeps report getting a 70, 80 or even a 90mm lift from a 40mm lift kit :roll: :D

Counting the days to mine arriving now :)

P9240544.jpg

This is the passenger side bump stop about 1cm off the axle but the drivers side in hard on :shock: :lol: ;)

P9240548.jpg

Attachments

• P9240544.jpg
    P9240544.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 55
  • P9240548.jpg
    P9240548.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 95
Back