Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is this ..

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
... and what does it do ...

this little sensor thing on the passenger side right in the corner of the dash .....

1970708_366981726774346_209577274_n.jpg

1795681_366981713441014_93619838_n.jpg

1911829_366981773441008_1069559034_n.jpg

Looks like a Rusky mini-cam from the 80s Carl! :lol:

Seriously, could be a volume sensor off an alarm or something like. Certainly doesn't look Mr. T to me. :think:

Looks like a Rusky mini-cam from the 80s Carl! :lol:

Seriously, could be a volume sensor off an alarm or something like. Certainly doesn't look Mr. T to me. :think:

Cheers Clive .... it plugs in on the main loom that runs across the car behind the dash. ... ign barrel was loose as well ... :think:

I can't imagine what else it could be. Do you think it's factory fit?

Looks like a photo electric cell.

Could it be a sensor for the aircon/heater?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
did you have one on your petrol Chas ??

Can't remember now, I sold it ages ago, wouldn't the diesels have the same though? I'll have a look next time I go to the garage for a ciggy (my wife's asthmatic so I don't smoke in the house)

Can't remember now, I sold it ages ago, wouldn't the diesels have the same though? I'll have a look next time I go to the garage for a ciggy (my wife's asthmatic so I don't smoke in the house)

could be be a smoke detector :lol:

Having just ripped and replaced the whole dash in my 1991 HDJ81, I can tell you there wan't one in mine!!

Nor mine! With my farm basic level of trim I was lucky to get a cigarette lighter! :lol:

What part of the loom does it head back into?

That might give a clue

Dunno what it does, but my 80 diesel has one.

20140308_231521.jpg

Could it be an air pressure sensor linked to your alarm .

Seems to be a bit of a snake problem in your dashboard there Chas???

Shayne you could just be right,it really as to be alarm or climate control, that's why I was curious where it went into the loom

I read in my 90lc handbook press the fob 3 times to set alarm to detect if interior intrusion (or something like that) i can't imagine mrT adding any mission impossible style infrared beams inside my truck but it seems likely to me if someone busts a window the pressure in the cab will alter a fair bit .

Seems to be a bit of a snake problem in your dashboard there Chas???
I bought that rubber snake to play a trick on Julian V, I placed it on top of the battery and hooked that rope underneath the bonnet so that when I said there's a hissing sound coming from the engine he would lift the bonnet and the snake would rear up, but it failed because the rope came unhooked. It's quite realistic looking though from outside so I've kept it on top of the dash with the rope attached to the grab handle as a security device, nobody's gonna break a window if they think it's real.

Back