Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is this ..

Oh, I thought it was a lead so you could take it for a walk. Drag, slither. Whatever.

I bought that rubber snake to play a trick on Julian V, I placed it on top of the battery and hooked that rope underneath the bonnet so that when I said there's a hissing sound coming from the engine he would lift the bonnet and the snake would rear up, but it failed because the rope came unhooked. It's quite realistic looking though from outside so I've kept it on top of the dash with the rope attached to the grab handle as a security device, nobody's gonna break a window if they think it's real.

I thought it was a contender for the Nature Photos thread Chas :lol:

Can't remember now, I sold it ages ago, wouldn't the diesels have the same though? I'll have a look next time I go to the garage for a ciggy (my wife's asthmatic so I don't smoke in the house)

93 gas/petrol here. I went and looked at mine and found this
03102014514.jpg

But it doesn't look like the same thing. It's located on the right side of the dash facing out.

As to it being an alarm sensor, I have this below my valet switch and always assumed that it was the pressure sensor for the alarm.
03102014513.jpg

I suppose being a US market vehicle it could be completely different, but that's what I have.

It is part number 88625-60080 "thermistor, cooler sun light (number 1)". It's part of the heater automatic control.

So my guess was right first time, see post #6

Yes Chas. When I saw you had posted I was expecting a much more humorous contribution from you like. " Oh we are all so relieved." :icon-biggrin:

I haven't got a clue what this part does.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's the sun load sensor used by the climate control. You set the temp to (say) 22 deg, it then adjusts this down internally (but the display till reads 22) if it sees lots of sun, because the sun shining on you makes you feel hotter than the actual internal temperature.

Crickey, I always thought of how to compensate for absorbed radiation from sunlight. It does not seam to work for that coming in from the drivers window as I cooked yesterday with low internal air temperature setting and strong sideways sun light.

So it's a photo electric cell then, just as I thought :thumbup:

I have one on mine, I thought it was to do with the alarm. You learn something new every day:thumbup:

Back