Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What tyres for this impending snow ?

Go with whatever tyre suits you best for everyday use and the when the going gets tough :icon-evil:

IMG_4423_zpscadd4037.jpg

Chain up :icon-smile: :icon-wink:

IMG_4418_zpsd3efcc5c.jpg

IMG_4422_zps8512982e.jpg

Really though if I was you Graham, with those two tyre choices I'd go with the MT's for the short time that we have a fluttering of snow :icon-smile: I've always found mine to be perfectly acceptable in all conditions of snow with just a small consideration to driving style :icon-biggrin:

If the weather really turns bad I have a pair chains, only used them once on the rear. They're very heavy duty and hence heavy to fit. Still, they were pushing the truck through almost a meter of fresh snow and I never felt stuck once!

Driving on standard M/T or A/T on slippery winter roads makes you a threat to others.

Rubbish. Driving on slippery Winter roads on ANY tyre when you don't know how to drive in such conditions makes you dangerous, plus the BFG AT's are rated as an M&S tyre in any case. JMO

Driving on standard M/T or A/T on slippery winter roads makes you a threat to others.

Maybe in Norway, but not in the UK where conditions are rarely poor enough to justify it in the south where I live. Fitting winter tyres you would spend most of your time driving in conditions where the winter tyres weren't optimal.

You could, of course, just drive to the conditions and capabilities of your vehicle.

4wd and winter tyres don't make you invincible, they just mean you'll be going faster when you crash!:icon-wink:

Back