Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What's it worth?

Phew, it's a tough one - obviously there's a lot of cash tied up in the accssories but in turn that limits the potential buyer market.
To give you a feel, a slightly less kitted 100 GX manual 52 reg (with OME, LR tank, ASFIR plates, winch etc) that I looked at recently sold for £14k. It had only 100k on the clock and was immaculate. Unless you can find someone after a full-blown overlander and is therefore prepared to pay for the convenience, I think you're going to be looking in the £12-15k range and that might take a while to achieve.

You might be better off selling off some of the goodies and getting say 75% of their value and selling the truck closer to stock. Accessories on the truck will do well to be valued at 50% of their purchase price IMHO.

Another way of coming up with a value might be to price the base vehicle and then add accessories at 50% of new price. Remember snorkel and suspension are worth zero effectively as they cannot be removed. Same with tyres unless they're virtually brand new.
I can imagine this is a heartbreaking process because you know what you paid, not to mention all the hard work put into prepping the truck :(

Cheers,

I agree with Andrews valuation of 12-15K. I personally think that the 100 would look a lot more appealing if the stickers were removed, and possibly the roof rack as well. The roof rack doesn't flatter the 100 (it may be the angle of the pics), but I'd be tempted to remove it and sell it separately.

As Footloose have done some of the work, have you thought about asking them to sell it for you? The possible buyers for a prepared ready to go overland 4x4 tend to go to the well known 'trusted' companies, and they maybe able to sell it on your behalf.

In the pics it looks like it has a wide stance on the steel wheels, is it running wheel spacers?

Good luck with the sale.

Good luck with the sale.

do you know where the cargo webbing in the back came from - been after something like that for some time??

many thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
All sorted now, it was the settings on my PC :doh:

Andrew Prince said:
Phew, it's a tough one - obviously there's a lot of cash tied up in the accssories but in turn that limits the potential buyer market.
To give you a feel, a slightly less kitted 100 GX manual 52 reg (with OME, LR tank, ASFIR plates, winch etc) that I looked at recently sold for £14k. It had only 100k on the clock and was immaculate. Unless you can find someone after a full-blown overlander and is therefore prepared to pay for the convenience, I think you're going to be looking in the £12-15k range and that might take a while to achieve.

You might be better off selling off some of the goodies and getting say 75% of their value and selling the truck closer to stock. Accessories on the truck will do well to be valued at 50% of their purchase price IMHO.

Another way of coming up with a value might be to price the base vehicle and then add accessories at 50% of new price. Remember snorkel and suspension are worth zero effectively as they cannot be removed. Same with tyres unless they're virtually brand new.
I can imagine this is a heartbreaking process because you know what you paid, not to mention all the hard work put into prepping the truck :(

Cheers,

OK thanks for that. I'm a realist and I know you never get back what you pay for these things so happy with the figures being quoted. The heartbreaking thing is letting her go. Thanks for your thoughts :thumbdown:

Scott said:
I agree with Andrews valuation of 12-15K. I personally think that the 100 would look a lot more appealing if the stickers were removed, and possibly the roof rack as well. The roof rack doesn't flatter the 100 (it may be the angle of the pics), but I'd be tempted to remove it and sell it separately.

As Footloose have done some of the work, have you thought about asking them to sell it for you? The possible buyers for a prepared ready to go overland 4x4 tend to go to the well known 'trusted' companies, and they maybe able to sell it on your behalf.

In the pics it looks like it has a wide stance on the steel wheels, is it running wheel spacers?

Good luck with the sale.

I like the roofrack and it might be the angle as it does look fine on it. You're probably right about the stickers though so I might do something about them. I intended to sell it through Paul at Footloose but just wanted an idea before I went to him. Few people have mentioned about wheel spacers but it doesn't have them! Thanks again for your thoughts

adrianr said:
Good luck with the sale.

do you know where the cargo webbing in the back came from - been after something like that for some time??

many thanks

It is good stuff that and saved us a few times. We originally had a load on the ceiling to store stuff but it didn't really work. I got it from Paul at Footloose 4x4 but I've seen it in army surplus stores

grahamnaismith said:
Few people have mentioned about wheel spacers but it doesn't have them!
The offset of the wheels look like they might be off a 105 and that would be why it looks like it has spacers. So you have the wider track without the disadvantages sometimes associated with spacers.

Back