Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What's my LC worth?

nathanrobo

Guys

It's time for a change, so I'm going to sell the LC in the next month or so...

When I sold my previous 100 about 3 years ago, I made the mistake of accepting an offer from a wide boy trader off Ebay just an hour after listing it . After it went I was inundated with enquiries.

This one is a 2001 Anniversary number 118 (0nly 145 of these in the country at the moment). 100K on the clock, MOT till next summer and tax till the end of July 2012. Drives perfectly, drive this after another 100 series and you'll see what I mean, although if you have followed some of my threads, you'll know that I'm a tad anal when it comes to maintenance:

For example; whilst trying to chase out the commonly accepted drive train slap, I've renewed every bush, joint, mount on the drive train, suspension and steering, I've had the steering camber and castor set, re-gassed the sphere's although as it turned out they still had 50% pressure (most wait until they go flat), a new cambelt, pulleys tensioner 10K miles ago (so 80K miles left), Injectors sonically cleaned, injector pump removed cleaned, re-calibrated and refitted, valve clearances reset, EGR cleaned out and put new electrics on the towbar. I've service it every 6K miles with oil and filter after a flush. I also replaced gearbox oil, transfer box oil and diff oil about a year ago.

I have a scrape on the rear rhs wheel arch, which she'll be going into the body shop for and the cream leather seats will be re-coloured etc. She'll also come with a full tank of fuel and a fresh service (oil, after an oil flush, filters etc.)

I'm looking for the history at the moment, but in the time that I've had it (3 years), I've done it all myself, very carefully referring to the manual for things like torque settings etc. All parts have either come from Mr. Toyo via Rubie or my local dealer.

So what will I get for it?

Forgot to mention, but I do have a complete set of polypro bushes for the upper / lower control arms for the rear axle that I'll fit before I sell her.

They cost me about £300 (I think) and when I had a look at the existing ones they looked in great condition without any perishing so I put the job off! Also missed off that I had replaced all of the prop shaft universal joints.

I would say between 12-15k but i might be wrong. There is one on ebay at the moment but at 22k i think he is dreaming slightly.

Joe

That'd be nice, but I wasn't expecting quite so much... Saw an 50th Anniversary V8 go about a year ago on Ebay with much higher mileage for £14K but thought it was a bit of a fluke. You reckon that £10.5K would be well priced?

I would say yes as i have been looking(dreaming) of a 100 series for a while, and that seems a fair price. if only work was a bit more stable i would come and have a look. Id love to move up from the colorado but at the moment i would say my car is worth about 5k'ish and i just cant justify spending another chunk of cash. i dont think youra will be around for long at that price.

Joe

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Should have mentioned, after learning that the torque converters on certain aisin boxes had a flaw (documented on various threads) I pulled it out had it modified an re-fitted it about 18months ago.

I've probably spend about £5K on it in the last couple of years not including general servicing.

Back