Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

wheel arch gaskets/removal for painting, colour code or contrast?

jonnyboy54321

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Have at last got the painter lined up to do my arches. He wants to do them off-car, and I will be removing/refitting to save on costs. He seemed to think the rubbers are not available from Mr T - anyone know if that is true, and also if there is an alternative source? Any hints are appreciated of course.
I'll probably get him to colour code the front bumper that I don't yet have, and the rear bumper corners (still missing one) when I get them.
Anyone seen a dark car with contrasting plastics a-la Colorado? Just wondering....

I managed to buy the whole set from mr T but I can't help you with part nos.

The arches, gaskets, clips, brackets and screws, together with the mud flaps and all their fixings. This was about 3 years ago.

My truck never had them from new, so I retrofitted them to make the wider wheels legal.

Pad, front wheel, opening extension, No.1. Part No. 53851-60080-C0 (Black). There seems to be slightly different part No's for different body colours for some reason. I thought the rubbers were all black like they are on my red LC? Can't seem to find anything for the rear rubbers though. If they're not pre-shaped (they don't look it) you could maybe use fronts.

Last edited:
The rubber seals between the arch and the body are self adhesive both sides so the arch fixes firmly to the body. I have succesfully re used them in the past with a thin line of Tiger Seal and held the arch to the body with masking tape after all the fasteners have been done up.
Just a thought.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've emailed Simon, but just waiting to hear back. Surely someone must do a generic version that would fit?

My 90 arches and body molds where taken off for painting and i later lost the front rubber seals at motorway speeds . I got mine from mrT at an extortionate price i think it was £35 each for a bit of rubber draft excluder :shock: . Snow white has had the arches off and i recall they replaced all clips with new so its probable they also replaced the rubbers .

IIRC Toyota called this part a fender gasket or something similar , wheel arch gasket maybe ?

Last edited:
Just got a quote from our very own Simon - a full set of "pads" as Mt T call them, plus a set of clips, is a very reasonable :violin: £143 plus p & p.

Gonna have an arch off asap to check out the profile of them as there are loads of gasket suppliers out there for the classic market

i have a good company for rubber profile. they make most of them for other companies. gibe me a shout if you need the details.
stu

pm'd you stu

Front nsf arch is off, didn't take much doing as the brackets were all broken and glued.
Defrosting hands overnight then will look at the profile.

So with stu's help I dealt with a supplier of all things rubber profile-ey.
They didn't have anything suitable but could make something no problem.
The issue is that I'd need to order enough to do about 20 cars and pay a tooling charge in the area of £200 smackers.
So that's a bust :(
Unless we have at least ten 80 owners who want to re-rubber their arches (ooer missus) ?

Did this rubber profile have adhesive both sides? if not it would not have been a direct substitute.

Andy

Back