Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel arches/body kit

Dieseldragon

Hi Guys,

Been googling for hours, looking for a source for genuine wheel arches. Mine doesnt have them, I bought universal ones to cover my wider tyres, but they look awful. I just can't get them to fit right.

My plan is to get either new or second hand ones, modify them with fibreglass so I don't need the bumpers or door trim.

Mine is a SWB

I will have to homologate them, but those look a good solution. I have been using rubber universal ones, but they really look awful, I just can't get them sitting right. Spent all morning with a heat gun trying to shape them.
Do you know anyone that has actually fitted those to a land cruiser?

Nope but the emperor of europe hasn't got around to shafting us (so completely) yet . A pic of your truck might help others advise i'm thinking rules means your wheels only protrude about an inch past the bodywork so genuine toyota flares might look ridiculous being a 3 or 4 inch extension to body width .

Last edited:
I would prefer not to have to get spacers as well, but just want something that doesn't look like crap! The wheels only stick out 27mm. Some pics -

IMG_20160121_143430.jpgIMG_20160121_150901.jpgIMG_20160122_143726.jpg IMG_20160122_143756.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160121_150922.jpg
    IMG_20160121_150922.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20160122_143739.jpg
    IMG_20160122_143739.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 245
Personally i think your being over cautious iirc you fitted the arch extensions at the same time as changing your wheels and tyres . My truck is black and so shows every mark yet my tyres probably protrude about inch and yes it get dirty in mud but no harm results , i have mud tyres too which will throw up a lot more than yours . I will take a pic for you when she returns with my truck :icon-rolleyes:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice looking truck there DD, it is a shame those arches spoil it. Do you really need to have them?

Its going dark and no sign of my truck yet i'm afraid so looks like you will have to wait until tomorrow for pics sorry .

About 10 days without rain here in the last 4 months here would be a fair estimate and i can't remember when i last washed my truck .

I need arch extensions, unfortunately. Inviting problems otherwise!
I couldn't see an attachment Clive

Depends on your budget i suppose cosmetically i would be looking for wheels and arches to be flush , if under such communist style rule .

I think you have 16x7 rims so i would be tempted to push the boat out with 16x8 and the "bushwacker" flares .

On a side note i think they may be copy bushwacker so i would do some research on quality before throwing money at them .

Depends on your budget i suppose cosmetically i would be looking for wheels and arches to be flush , if under such communist style rule .

I think you have 16x7 rims so i would be tempted to push the boat out with 16x8 and the "bushwacker" flares .

On a side note i think they may be copy bushwacker so i would do some research on quality before throwing money at them .

Found bushwacker ones, over 1000€! I want the wheels to be flush, but it's coming down to what parts I can get at a reasonable price. If I change the wheels again, thats another 450€ gone, with wheels, transport, swapping tyres over etc...
Why do we do these things? ?? Bloody money pits, but got to draw a line somewhere with how much I spend

It's a slippery slope for sure , i joined this forum a few years ago simply to ask what oversized tyres will fit and here i am many thousands of pounds later still asking what to buy next :doh:

What you spend only you can decide :think: i think fear of being ordered to remove it all by the gestapo would err me toward the cheapest most sympathetic option which might be those in the first link i posted . There is a flat bit around both arches on the bodywork , would those universal ones bolt onto the flat bit sort of exaggerating the natural flare of the body without shrinking the natural arch if you get what i mean ? Might look quite good if you sprayed them silver but only you can decide that .

Back