Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel arches/body kit

If I'm going to do it, will do it properly. If I fit something, I have to pay for the engineers report to make it legal.
So today ordered the 30mm wheel spacers and the arch kit.
I also took the steps off (which are on the document and will be taken off the cars papers next inspection and can't be refitted without the engineer report....)

Feel like I got a 4" lift for free, which makes the spend on arches and spacers cheap, which is the way I´m going to sell it to the missus ;-)

20160307_173850.jpg

Last edited:
Must admit it looks a lot higher without the steps,would do it to mine but then I'd struggle getting in with only been 5ft tall lol

At 5 foot, don't see how you are old enough to drive! :icon-biggrin: I'm only 5'6! I'm waiting for the bitching when we go out for dinner on Saturday and my girl is wearing a skirt........ Probably be putting step back on passenger side Sunday

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well..... the model specific wheel arches arrived. They are turds, basically universal arches.
I'm not happy, as they were expensive and look crap, but were sold specifically for 90 series. So back to square 1.

Could you not fit standard wheel arch extensions off a 'normal' swb collie/prado? (ie not an fx model)

I know it would mean spraying them, but they would look pukka.

I'm assuming a fx is the same body but simply minus arch trim.

Would be 2nd hand I guess to keep cost down.

Pete

I'm assuming a fx is the same body but simply minus arch trim.

Would be 2nd hand I guess to keep cost down.

Pete
The front wings are different on the FX, don't know about the rears but I would think so so the wider wheels and tyres clear. I've just had a new wing on my FX and it had to be shipped from Japan and even then there are two or three different wings for the FX.

Looks to me like you removed the front mudflap when you took off steps DD , why not put it back on and just try going without arch extensions for a week .

Back