Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel bearings

nielsc

Country Flag
belgium
hi all,

I a rebuilding my hubs due to a bad bronze cv bush, and was going to replace the wheel bearings aswell togheter with a new stub axle as they have spun on the worn stub axle.
Now I found the bearing races have spun aswell inside the hub, i don’t how this could have happend because they were tight.
What do you all think? Replace, or fit the new bearings with loctite for glueing bearing races?

Cheers

54C42E12-666C-4045-9A6A-A6A2B88A0D62.jpeg
44B41644-3149-4CDE-A182-A2BAD2B658E6.jpeg
Pics

Well I would fit a new job of my vehicle on the front.

You can dot punch where they sit then fit. Or you could buy speedy sleeves

I'd take the new bearings and try them in the hub first. If they literally fall in then really I'd be thinking about a new hub. If they push in but don't exactly need pounding in, I'd use bearing lock yes. In order to get the outer race to spin then, the bearings would pretty much have to seize I think. Really hard to say unless they were on my bench so I could have a feel of them. If they fit with hand pressure only, I wouldn't be happy.

Now that I have cleaned the hub out i found there is also a hairline crack around the face where the bearing race sits.
I cannot imagine how this could crack but to be sure I have ordered a new hub wich comes with new bearings aswell :pensive:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back