Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel offset

fridayman

Garage
As I understand it, the standard wheels are 265/70/16 with 0 offset. What is the max offset if I fit 265/75/16 with standard suspension?

AFAIK, the 80 wheels are "0" offset, the wheels on the 90 are something like "-15" offset.

However, 265/75R16 tyres will fit without any issues on the standard 90 alloys.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=8024

:)

Ah! So if I buy another set of wheels, how much offset do I have to play with before I run into clearance issues?

I have 30mm wheel spacers on my wheels and they rub slighlty on the front mud flaps when on full lock so this should give you and indication of how much offset you want.

Joe

silvercruiser said:
I have 30mm wheel spacers on my wheels and they rub slighlty on the front mud flaps when on full lock so this should give you and indication of how much offset you want.

Joe

What offset are your rims?

80 wheels on a 90 are about the same as 90 wheels with 30mm spacers. Simon had some and then got a set of 80. Result without spacers was the same. I had 30mm on my 90 at one point and so has Cleanandgreen. Never had an issue with them rubbing. I found that tyre choice made a bigger difference on rubbing that spacers did. BFG muddies are very square and rubbed - 265 75 16.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK, I think I get it now. If I were to order modular wheels (I'm looking at the rim tyre combos that some offer), will the seller know what offset I need for a LC90, or 80..? Or do I need to be able to tell them exactly what I am after?

I noticed the other day that I do get a slight rubbing, but it only occurs when reversing off my drive which is on an incline, so the suspension is raised slightly!

Nick.

Back