Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel spacers.

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
I am considering some spacers for a 120.
Not wanting the "full on" 30mm spacers, but really looking for some thing like 15mm, maybe up to 20mm.

I generally accept that spacers on most vehicles are not a good idea, but would just 15mm spacers have a real bad effect on the wheel bearings?

G/

The problem with thinner spacers is the studs on the hub stick out past them so your wheels will need to have indents in between the holes that are deep enough to accommodate them. Alternatively you can fit longer studs that go through the spacer and the wheel but I wouldn't like to do that on a Landcruiser. Have a look at your wheels, the 100 series OEM 18" for example work with 20mm spacers because they have a recess between each hole just deep enough but 15mm spacers wouldn't fit and the 16" OEM alloys have too shallow a recess for 20mm so 25mm is the minimum for those.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for a good explanation.

G.

I run 30mm spacers on my 90 series cruiser, have been for about nearly 10 years and have had no problems with them.

I have a spare set of 30mm spacers in the garage with the nuts, socket and the key. if you are interested PM me :thumbup:

Back