Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where did I see the picture , , , , ,

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

Trying to think back where I saw a picture.
It is about a 4x4, possibly a Disco, that was towing a caravan out of a muddy camp field.
Any way, the 4x4 got stuck, probably because road tyres on.

So along came a Land Cruiser, and towed both the stuck 4x4 out, while still hitched to the caravan.

Where did I read or see it, or dream it?

Gra.

It was posted by Ben, it was either on his 70 build thread or one of his lane day reports :thumbup:

Thanks all,

A little bit of flying the LC flag from Ben. :thumbup:

Caravan Talk forum

I am sure Ben won't mind. :cool:

On the caravan forum, there seem to be a lot of misguided Land Rover lovers :D

Gra.

Yep, well done Ben, not just for the good deed :clap: but for the great thread of your outings, hours of good entertainment.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
thanks guys. :thumbup:

Dont mind at all Gra. ;)

Im sure there must be a lot of caravan owners who wrongly believe, that if there in a 4x4 then they can tow there caravan across any field, even if it is wet and muddy. :roll:

Its the same as when we get a bit of snow and ice and you see people in 4x4's thinking there invisible, because they keep moving where other cars just sit wheel spinning. Thats all good and well until you need to stop and then find youve got 2+ tonnes of 4x4 sliding down the road. :?

I just knew they were all "Green oval" lovers.
78 views, and not 1 comment, :thumbup:

It will kill them to say "yeah, the LC did a good job" !

Gra.

especially impressive since, at 14 sec and 1:05 in, the Rover has the rear wheel locked up and dragging dead.
:think: almost as if the Rover wanted you not to be able to rescue him.
maybe due to embarrassment :lol:

Yeah, spotted that.

First the rear wheels lock, then later the front wheels lock?
Whats that all about?

Gra.

i switched the front locker off fairly quickly as i couldn't seem to turn. :o

my mate who was filming, said the bloke was steering in totally the wrong direction, which must have been why i couldnt turn. :roll:

I think it was the combination of the tyres, lockers and torque from the 3litre! :twisted:

certainly wasnt a struggle, hardly felt like there was any weight behind me! :D

hu u umiliationn n n for the Rover owner ...
i love it.

now, where is my rover buddies when i have a vid to show?? :think:

I thought that too Gra. Didn't see the rears lock up but I'm sure he was steering left when Ben was pulling him centre right.

I'm not sure that he knew what he was doing, maybe too much ketchup on his BBQ earlier :whistle:

What type of drivetrain is it on a disco anyway. I can't imagine any 4x4 without lockers, otherwise all of the expense of the 4x4 is (as near as dammit) wasted.

For fun, I've tried mine deliberately not using the 'low' (so no centre lock) and not locking the front or rear diffs on some slippery stuff and although it did quite well, the lockers make all the difference.

Does the disco have any of this stuff? There must be a low range and there must be a centre lock at the least. But without F/R lockers, you're still going to sit there spinning 1 or 2 corners on a muddy field.

disco's have low range and centre diff lock. The guy didnt seem to have a clue what he was doing, so it wouldnt surprise me if he hadnt put the centre diff lock in. :roll:

He said hed only been stuck for 2mins, but theyd tried packing rocks under the wheels, so i suspect theyd been there a while. :?

Why have landrovers never been sold with axle diff locks?

I suspect landrover know there axles, which are made of chocolate, wouldnt last 2mins. :lol:

Back