Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where to get window rubbers?

I cant believe that £6.85 is correct tp. Dont know if its just an urban myth but ive been told these are made to order.

That's the price that comes up with the part No. 83208-60020-B0 on the Amayama search function. It is only a bit of plastic after all, it's the meters that go in it that are expensive.

Im quite familiar with these, iv had about ten pass through my hands.. that us site isnt a bad price tbh.

Just placed an order today. One window rubber coming from japan the other from uae. Have submitted the enquiry so i guess it is wait and see..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I just priced up a new rear window from them but then noticed that they don't supply glass for international shipping, probably due to the risk of damage? I then got 2 prices from well known glass suppliers over here and the cheapest came out at £245 fitted so was a lot cheaper than it would have been from Amayama anyway. The price from the 2nd glass Co. was £200 more!!

Would that be because glass will be manufactured in the country as a pattern part rather than shipped as a genuine Toyota part from Japan TP?

Not sure, probably. There are 2 tints available, bronze and green. I priced one up last year from a Toyota dealer and it was over £600. The 2 prices I was quoted were from Autoglass and Autowindscreens (cheapest). The glass itself is fine, it's the HRW that's given up the ghost. It's been getting progressively worse over the last couple of years and now there's only one 'bar' of the element working. Testing of the element grid has revealed numerous breaks in continuity in the rest of the bars which can barely be seen with the naked eye. I have some of the repair paint and would use this if it was only one or two places on the grid that had gone but with so many it'll look crap and would probably only be a temp fix anyway so I decided to bite the bullitt and have a new one fitted when the price came in less than I expected. OE vs pattern glass? Glass is glass and if it fits then it's good enough IMO. Should be easy to change unlike a bonded-in windscreen.

It is easy to remove and refit. I did mine last summer and sealed it back in as it leaked in one corner after it was tinted. I wound up using bitumastic sealer (gutter seal effectively) but now I've found the butyl screen sealer I would use that instead as it stays flexible. Both the windscreen and rear glass don't leak now. [emoji3]

Last edited:
I paid 360 from toyota for my rear screen, you should change the gasket too

I paid 360 from toyota for my rear screen, you should change the gasket too

Agreed if only to save cleaning up the old one, though if the original is in good condition and flexible I can vouch for the butyl sealer being a good substitute as mine had grey non setting sealer from factory around it and didn't leak (until it was tinted[emoji35]).

2 front window rubbers ordered for a grand price of 89 OZ dollars!

My set arrived the other day, now it just need to stop raining so i can change them :)

I just priced up a new rear window from them but then noticed that they don't supply glass for international shipping, probably due to the risk of damage? I then got 2 prices from well known glass suppliers over here and the cheapest came out at £245 fitted so was a lot cheaper than it would have been from Amayama anyway. The price from the 2nd glass Co. was £200 more!!

Have you not thought about second hand? Or is it the de-mist part your needing to be 100% ? Also I should have a overhead console in grey.

I was considering 2nd hand glass until I got the quote of £245 fully fitted and guaranteed which I thought wasn't too bad given some of the new prices I'd been quoted previously. It's only the failure of the demising element that's prompting me to change it. You have to look very close to see the flaws in the grid elements and there are quite a few! I found these http://www.frostfighter.com/clear-view-defrosters-15.htm and thought about trying one of their kits but with shipping and VAT etc it'll probably be close to £100 and then there's the faff of removing the old element from the glass, plus it'll not be the exact fit of an OE item so, all things considered, I just thought to hell with it and get it changed by a pro at home.

Ive got that frost fighters kit in the shed, yours for half the price towpack!

I would be tempted to try cleaning the breaks in the element and bridging with solder. Cracks can be found with a multimeter. If it fails then it's £245 fitted.

I would be tempted to try cleaning the breaks in the element and bridging with solder. Cracks can be found with a multimeter. If it fails then it's £245 fitted.

Been through all the elements with a meter and some of them have 3 or 4 breaks in them. You can't solder them as they're too thin. The silver repair paint does work, I've used it before on other vehicles but not when there's so many faults on the grid. An appointment is already booked with Auto windscreens for this Saturday.

Hi guys, so with all the tooing and froing going on about window runner/ rubbers who/ where is the best place to get them....?

Back