Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where to get window rubbers?

Been in touch, just waiting for then to go back after holidays, gonna do all 4, all I need now is rear hatch lock tumbler, totally corroded can't even get key in....and remote alarm fob....

Bushpig - speak to Simon at Simon Eagle Toyota for the lock tumbler. He got me a drivers door complete lock keyed to mine. I can't recall exact price but it was around £35.00 and took about 3 days - i was gobsmacked!

One of my window rubbers arrived from UAE about 10 days after ordering and the other one which was en-route from Japan got nabbed by customs and just cost me an extra £21! The greater part being DHLs 'Clearance Fee'. I will have to add, subtract and work out the currency exchange but I still reckon I am under £80 all in

So..................... Where in the States in the best place to get Rubbers? I would like to do all four windows. If I drop the rear windows they won't come back up :wtf: and the fronts are so slow that I feel the battery will die before I get them back up. :icon-biggrin: Any ideas?

~Rookie

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cd dan. He can be found on ih8mud.

So..................... Where in the States in the best place to get Rubbers? I would like to do all four windows. If I drop the rear windows they won't come back up :wtf: and the fronts are so slow that I feel the battery will die before I get them back up. :icon-biggrin: Any ideas?

~Rookie
You dont actually have to go to japan to collect them- just order on line and they will post them.....If they fly them west to east instead of east to west they might even get there quicker! Amayama

All I did was drop the window to around a 2" from the bottom, just pull out the old ones and gradually feed in the new ones between the glass and the frame. The only trim I had to remove was the interior plastic mirror mount cover. They went in quite really really.

The rears go like that but you may need to pop the front door cards off. The channel on the long side is in two bits and if they aren't in alignment no amount of pushing and shoving, tapering thermos of theoriser or swearing at them will get them to go past the join.

You might be lucky but I had to remove one door card.

Do you do this with the window still in then?

Yes indeedee. Quite straightforward and can use the up/down movement of the glass to help get the rubber in.

Ok I have been putting it off due to taking the door apart. Might get a go this weekend then

It's not even difficult taking the door cards off. Arm rest removes by pulling upwards, screws under. Screw top of grip handle. Screw to remove opening lever trim. Switch panel pulls up at the front to remove (yes it does!) then unplug the loom underneath. Thin table knife in between the card and the door then give a little twist to pup each fastener.

And if anyone knows where I can get some more of these little fastener can they please let me know? [emoji4] ta.

I have had the door cards off just didn't want to take the windows out.

It's not even difficult taking the door cards off. Arm rest removes by pulling upwards, screws under. Screw top of grip handle. Screw to remove opening lever trim. Switch panel pulls up at the front to remove (yes it does!) then unplug the loom underneath. Thin table knife in between the card and the door then give a little twist to pup each fastener.

And if anyone knows where I can get some more of these little fastener can they please let me know? [emoji4] ta.

The local scrappy's the best bet Rich. Stroll in, wander round, fill your pockets and pay a pittance at the gate. They're pretty universal on most "less young" cars, so shouldn't be any bother finding them.

Back