Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where to get window rubbers?

marsie

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Where is the best and quickest place to get a set of window rubbers for my 80. All 4 windows are painfully slow:wtf:
Cheers
Paul

Thanks Towpack, i have sent them an enquiry. Will see what they come back with:thumbup:

http://all-american.nl/ in Holland. They only sell land cruiser parts.
they usually send within 1 or 2 days.
tel:+31416540167 they speak english and are very helpful.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Around £25 to £32 each plus shipping and import duty tax etc. from Amayama IIRC. and 2-3 weeks for delivery.

Around £25 to £32 each plus shipping and import duty tax etc. from Amayama IIRC. and 2-3 weeks for delivery.

= £88.34 for 2 front window seals delivered to your door, that's what I paid back in April.

Sorry if I'm teaching anyone to suck eggs here, but I got my windows back up to speed with the following:

1. Door card off, open the window and spray dry lubricant on and into the rubbers and wipe with a rag. Repeat until the green/grey muck is gone, then spray and leave in. Important you then close the window and do the lower section of the rubbers inside the door cavity.

2. Restore the current getting to the motors by cleaning the contacts in the switch box. This is easy but fiddly (bits jump out when you open it) and there's a detailed how-to on this forum.

3. Driver's door only (as it suffers the most wear), replace the brushes in the motor. This can mean having to take the whole assembly out, but depending on the variant you might be able to get at it without. Mine were knackered so had had to scavenge from Julian V while he was servicing my truck but normally you could just swap with a rear motor to extend the life of the driver's window.

New rubbers aren't a bad shout and obviously this saves you doing no. 1, but I can't imagine you'd get best results without doing 2 and 3.

Cheers,
Guy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Agree with the above, just don't bother with no1 in my opinion. Tried it, even added more cable to improve power to the motors which made a tiny difference. What made the most difference was new rubbers. When you compare the old ones that you can hold out straight horizontal from one end to the new that are as floppy as a floppy thing on floppy day then you see just why they have been stiff to operate.

Well, i sent an enquiry to Amayama on the 13th, got an email back saying it was being processed an i would hear from them in 1-3 days. Still not heard anything so can i assume they have forgotten about me?:icon-rolleyes: not dealt with them before
Paul

did you get one from "Justin Karow" Thats what my replies from them showed as.

I'd give them another 2 or 3 days before contacting them. The 1-3 days quoted in the confirmation email can vary, the last items I ordered took 6 day to be processed. My replies came from a Robert Wilcox. Also be prepared for Parcel Force to stick on their handling charge/VAT/ID prior to them releasing the items....:angry-cussingwhite:

My email came from Robert willox. I can get a set off Andy Lomas but need to get him a set in return so want to make sure they are available before relieving Andy of his spares :wtf:
Paul

Nicholas Karow got back to me in 3 days (On the 18'th) rubbers being sent out in a couple if days..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 365
:icon-cry: looks like they have forgot me:crying-green:, got the email from Robert Willox the same day that i sent the enquiry but heard nothing since. Will send him another email to ask whats happening:icon-evil:
Paul

Sure he'll come around if you just give him a friendly reminder mate :)

Sent him an email last night to see whats happening. But no reply yet:icon-rolleyes:

Back