Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which games console?

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
I am thinking about buying a games console, but stuck what to go for.

Not a new one, but some thing off Ebay for less than £30

I think Nintendo Wii or Playstation with a few games.

Not into all the "shoot 'em up, or the bloody gory stuff, battlefield tanks etc.
We prefer the Super Mario, and the likes, the fun ones,

So which to go for?

What is the Nintendo "Cube" is that a games console also?

Do they all have DVD slots, or have they moved on now to memory cards?

I know nothing.

Gra

Sega Megadrive and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Will keep you amused for hours Gra.

The Wii is good for fun/party games, although you can end up with a stack of peripherals. The gamecube was the Wii's predecessor, so cheaper, but no motion control pads. Everything is (more or less) CD, very old ones have cartridge.
If you want old skool, you can get mega drive emulators for your PC, so you don't have to get the console itself.

I would suggest going for an old playstation 2. Purely amount of games running around for it that go for next to no money. And it plays DVD's.

I'd be inclined to agree with Ian. We have a Wii, which the Mrs uses for her fitness games and I will join in playing "sports resort" every now and then, but honestly the PS2 sees a lot more use when it comes to 'fun' gaming, and it doubles up as the DVD player for the spare room. Considering getting a PS3 soon as the PS4 is coming out which should see second hand prices drop considerably.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sega Megadrive and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Will keep you amused for hours Gra.
Chris, you don't know how much fun we had all them years ago with 'ol Sonic.

Happy days.

Gra

Graham, my lad has his original working ps2 here with loads of games, he's on a 3 now and so I think it's just boxed up, want me to ask him?

The Wii U is brilliant - if you don't need photo-realistic war games.
With one pad and 4 controllers, the whole family can take part in "catch mario" or "kill the ghost". I.e. 1 player with the pad can have a different role than the others, also in the typical mario & luigi games, and will see a different picture on his pad than the others do on the screen. I don't think there is a more social and family-friendly console out there.

He's come in and gone straight to sleep, first school day on crutches (knee ligaments).
Will get a list of stuff tomorrow pal.
Cheers

Back