Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

I wish i did clive, as 5k is just 3 months driving. Still next time wont need the full monty.
Thanks to simon holton for the filters and snows toyota exeter for the fluids.
Front axle rebuild in 2 weeks time while im away on holiday. Looking forward to non leaky seals

Started to get a groaning noise from the steering column recently.Not when turning but when pushing up an down on the wheel or hitting bumps.Pulled 30 bits of plastic out (5) to get access . Couldn't find anything loose etc. Sprayed some inox on all joints and after a short drive its gone. Noticed all my previous wiring looking a little dishevelled so slapped 16 (not exaggerating this time ) zip ties in there to give her a tidy up.

Guys with the weather cooling down in Cyprus. I noticed the heater wasn’t functioning after the long haul heater matrix replacement some months ago.

Thankfully taking the front dash fascia off the fix was the cable in the wrong place hindering the movement.

While the whole fscia was out fixed the speedometer reading in Km that was out 10 Km. GPS accurate now. :dance:

Damp'n overcast , great day ta spend doin da little tings on ya beastie , like oil changes , plugs'n crawlin round under da beast squeezin grease inta nocks'n'crannys , den attackin da easy stuff like puttin on da snorkel ...................... lol
20171117_082737 (800x452).jpg
fa some reason I's always feel sad about cuttin fuckin holes and drillin in ta me beast
tango_face_crying.png

but dats how it is .
20171117_124301 (800x480).jpg
so much fa da 2hr job it said ................tamorrows good .

The Albatross (AKA RAV4) is back. Changing the heater matrix didn't solve the problem so after spending time playing with the wiring and trying to make sense of what the "Toyota Intelligent Tester" is telling me I have a failed 'Air Damper Motor - Driver's side'. I have ordered one from Amayama (£78.00).

Also, the near-side headlamp glass is bust and the cracks have feathers in them . . "I may have hit a pigeon".

£158.00 for a new headlamp, now to take the front off the car in order to replace it .

:angry-screaming:

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Fitted the winter wheels to the Beemer, big wide summer's off and the smaller snow tyres on

20171118_085842.jpg

20171118_085821.jpg

Not bad for freebies :dance:

Trying to secure something else cheap from work too. Can get a roof tent for the mini, we can't sell it retail (it's complicated) plus has minor damage.

I've got first refusal when they make their mind up what's happening with it.

20171118_112659.jpg

Got a new set of BFG All-Terrains fitted and the rear diff-lock actuator replaced on my Cruiser this week.
What was wrong with the actuator? They normally keep well when you don't have salted roads. The different metals don't go well together in harsh environments.

What was wrong with the actuator? They normally keep well when you don't have salted roads. The different metals don't go well together in harsh environments.

You have hit the he nail on the head. The actuator was well corroded and therefore absolutely goosed!

C971BFD8-422B-4993-AF0A-B59F4339C881.jpeg
E3030167-50EB-405E-8E9F-D62195401B0F.jpeg
40975F9C-A944-4DEB-8F56-08965D0E813A.jpeg
On Sams truck this week
Transfer box back together & in, with new output bearing & seal
Rear prop uj
Filled rear sill quarters where we cut out the rot & welded in new metal ready for painting, will raptor this area.
Front diff back in after a CJ rebuild,
Front axle back together
Started running new axle & gearbox breathers
Rebracketed hydraulic oil tank for winch
Fitted new auto box cooling rads & refitted intercooler
Fresh oils everywhere
Plus loads of bits including lots of dried mud removal!

View attachment 137318 View attachment 137319 View attachment 137320 On Sams truck this week
Transfer box back together & in, with new output bearing & seal
Rear prop uj
Filled rear sill quarters where we cut out the rot & welded in new metal ready for painting, will raptor this area.
Front diff back in after a CJ rebuild,
Front axle back together
Started running new axle & gearbox breathers
Rebracketed hydraulic oil tank for winch
Fitted new auto box cooling rads & refitted intercooler
Fresh oils everywhere
Plus loads of bits including lots of dried mud removal!

Beats doin nuffin a !!!
tango_face_devil.png

DBE4E257-D935-41E4-9D90-66B86A709DB5.jpeg
A052C9F1-63CD-45FB-8D80-F9E047C5AD6F.jpeg
Had these bad boys fitted on the wife’s car last week. Even got it washed for her on way into work.
7766BB40-4753-4506-A0B9-3F43AAC46B27.jpeg
871E9E97-C51F-47B7-9B3B-09116FB535A7.jpeg

Where one of my drivers proceeded to reverse an 18 toner into the front of it.
Happy days.....

Cheers, Mark

Back