Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

A quick noobie question because i got to go out and it will be dark when i get home , i can't get the upper belt (aircon) pulley slider bolt undone , rushing i'm going to round the nut and i already bent the adjust bolt (i have a stainless spare)

Any tips would be welcome or do i have to take the whole thing off to free it up ?

Slacken off the bolt that goes through the centre of the pulley first, this locks the adjuster off when it’s done up.

That's the bolt i can't budge i snapped the adjuster bolt trying , it wasn't fun trying to get the snapped bolt out but when i did i stuck a screwdriver in its place to stop the adjuster spinning with the pulley bolt . I'm starting to think i will just have to hammer a spanner on and snap the pulley bolt .

Not so much maintenance more prevention, I've fitted some self adhesive foam rubber to the inside of my rear drawers in the hope of reducing bangs and rattles.

Replaced front and rear brake pads. The ones I removed had about %30 left so they've gone into the spares box.Thought I would adjust the hand brake while I was there. Bad Idea.

Long story short , I messed up and one of the shoe retainers popped off. There were some interesting grinding noises coming from the RH rear. To get the retainer clip back on is a 3 handed job. In my case imagine this: On my arse on a concrete driveway, 35° heat no shade. Pushing 2 screwdrivers with my stomach to hold the retainer spring down, one hand around the back of the assembly pushing the retainer pin through and the other hand with a set of needle nose pliers trying to squeeze between the brake shoe and the axle to turn the pin to lock it.

Safe to say I wont make the same mistake again, I hope...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Replaced the cranking battery today. It didnt want to play this morning. 750CCA up from 720

Put on rock/tree sliders last night. Looks great.

Turbo timer been faulty for some months fininlising diagnosing it as being the solder points on the control board becoming weak.

Thankfully a easy fix now perfectly good a new :thumbup:

0835F875-2D01-469F-8E10-7694338B38C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Another mod was to extend the temperature sensor wire through the firewall and into the battery tray to read the outside temps accurately. Nice to have 18.7c sunny temperatures for winter in Cyprus this year.

B84F8AFF-76E3-4BDE-B552-8B8347003A6B.jpeg

Also rear left side led brake light stopped working. Luckily wires were loose & with a little play all good again.

Last edited:
Replaced the radio/cassette/cd player(Pioneer DVD Bluetooth etc) Rear Speakers, fitted new coil springs all round (Dobinsons), fitted in a fridge/freezer slide, need to run the wiring for it and the van fridge .... Need to install a uhf unit, a gearbox touch up, tranny cooler,wind up the turbo a small tad, fit a snorkel and should be ready for a long drive. Too goddam hot now (guage reads 43c) to do more except to reach for a cold beer and some a/c. :)

Serviced the Beemer while I was at work, first time in nearly 20 years in the trade I've had to actually pay for a service!!!
Sorted a seat creak too with a new seat frame under warranty, got paid for the pleasure though.

15 plate actros dash out to change the heater matrix....... Not a nice job, gets worse as after I've got the main radiator to change

15167275374311336367257.jpg

And a good first-aid kit to deal with all those sharp-edge injuries, no doubt. :cry:

Quick question for the electrically minded. I'm crap at saving for a roof rack and have bought an arb compressor. I need to find an active dash light supply wire. The closest thing that lights up to where the switch is going in the centre console is one of the seat heater switches. Please watch the following video and tell me if I've found one.
Ps. All the other connectors in that block make the thing beep when lights are on or off.
20180128_120002.jpg 20180128_115932.jpg 20180128_114017.jpg

An easier one possibly is from the light for the ashtray

Back