Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

I'm on hols from work at the mo, so I said I'd have a go at refurbing my 90's alloys, have done a bit of spraying before while restoring tractors, but never on a road car before.

526cec9d.jpg

1. Sample of the wheels - blistering and peeling abound!

53b7231c.jpg

56215d4f.jpg

2. Centre caps had also faded badly since '03

7c8977db.jpg

3. Wheels prepped

81106557.jpg

Centre cap primed and finished in the closest match to the original I could get.

d4558449.jpg

4. Wheel with one layer of grey primer

3722e3bd.jpg

And two coats of silver later:

c5bd5b27.jpg

They'll be getting two coats of lacquer tomorrow to finish them off.
Not a professional job by any means, but will be better than before..

Looks good. I have 4 rims sitting in my backyard waiting for similar treatment.

My interior LED kit arrived on Saturday from www.pfranleds.com (a member here and on other forums). Great kit, easy to install once you figure out how best to get into each of the lights, and which bulb is best to use (thanks, Jon!!) ...

Minor glitch - the equivalent to the 120 for shape and structure in the USA is the Lexus GX470 (yummy - imagine that 4.7 V8 nestled in the 120 :lol: ), so I ordered that kit - unfortunately I got sent the LX470 (100 series) kit, including the fancy reverse light 5watt Cree LEDs that I paid $40 for :-(

Waiting for Paul to come back to me on a resolution - I've got lights I'll never need (all the 100 series map lights, including the red LEDs for the front map lights), and I've none to out in my map lights :-( or reverse lights.

Those I have fitted (dome, door courtesy lights, indicator repeater lights etc.) are absolutely brilliant and make a huge difference. Well worth the wait. Will put up some pics later.

Next up - all my wiring kit arrives today from RAW Components, so will spend the weekend wiring in a complete custom power distribution loom for existing and future auxiliary devices - radios, LED and work lights, battery monitors, BOAB digital trip meter, battery chargers, etc. The inverter and fridge run off their own dedicated power supply so they won't join on this daisy chain :lol: At least it's still howling with rain :-( so I'll be comfy in the truck ;-)

Just finished front wheel bearing repack, rhs. Did the lhs last year. Bloody PO overtightened the flange bolts - took a lot of bfh to get the cones loose - so had to change pinbolts and nuts as well. The dust seal behind the hub/disk was in pieces - another day of waiting. And do remember to have a new hub oil seal handy when doing the bearings.
Did both front brake pads as well. Had to smoothen the inner part of the inside of the disks, as they were a bit lumpy.

Wanted to attach a bike carrier to towbar, the bolts were so tight/rusted I had to use angle grinder to cut them off :whistle: Will get new bolts tomoz...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Red Oktober":2g6v7qu3]removed the rear heater ....
Need to do that to mine :thumbup:[/quote:2g6v7qu3]

leaves a decent sized space under the seat too ....

DSCN0424.jpg

did a spot of painting
not a big fan of chrome ... so got rid of it ...
011-6.jpg

Replaced a rear wheel bearing on a DeLorean today :cool:

2 weekends back:
Replaced inner axle seal drivers side, felt wipers, cleaned inspected and repacked everything with grease.
the seal has done well i thought - last changed 60,000 miles back, was just starting to weep a bit in last few thousand miles.

And today:
gave the old girl another polish. she gets three coats a year normally.

Fitted some new LED's - warm white this time instead of cool white. I prefer the new LED's colour.

Got to work with the wire brush and then dinitrol under the back end and sides. and on the wipers.

Gotta do an oil service this week, and change front pads. they have lasted 60,000 miles.

I also recently changed the internal LEDs to warm white, and prefer them too.

Modified my breather manifold to take 2 1/4" 12mm pushfit fittings (6mm is much too small for an engine breather).

[attachment=3:x5iumttc]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343586911.590350.jpg[/attachment:x5iumttc]

Also plumbed the manifold into the airbox.

[attachment=2:x5iumttc]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343587042.994754.jpg[/attachment:x5iumttc]

[attachment=1:x5iumttc]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343587059.294486.jpg[/attachment:x5iumttc]

[attachment=0:x5iumttc]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343587079.246053.jpg[/attachment:x5iumttc]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343586911.590350.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343586911.590350.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 215
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343587042.994754.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343587042.994754.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 210
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343587059.294486.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343587059.294486.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 210
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343587079.246053.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343587079.246053.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 226
Today changed all my internal and external lights for LED's, indicators, brake/tail/side, and reversing lights, no more blown bulbs :thumbup:

Today I tidied up my steering wheel which was very worn at the top, I had wrapped insulating tape round it to hide the damage but in the recent hot weather it got soft and very sticky so I bought some self amalgamating silicon tape which did the job nicely. I went further round the wheel than was necessary to make it look a bit neater. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 167
Ever thought of something like this chas ? i've got a second one of these that just might be available.

Steeringwheel001.jpg

That's a lovely thing. I'd like a wheel that's just slightly smaller diameter so that I can get my knees under when clambering in. Yes, I know it adjusts.

Chris

I would love one of those joinerman, unfortunately my steering wheel incorporates the cruiser control, you can just see the lever on the third picture. I already have a wooden wheel that I can't use because of that :thumbdown:

I'll have a measure up!

Chris

Back