Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Managed to get my front and rear diff locks working today. Only had the truck almost a year, but had resigned to the fact that it would be a big job to tackle, so hadn't bothered until now.

My front and rear diff-lock switch was not functioning, nothing on the dash was lighting up. So having read on another thread about a similar issue, I dropped the dash fascia off to check the switch and the switch was unplugged! It seems the wiring here doesn't have any slack, so presumably when the last person to take the dash apart wasn't fully awake!

Only a 15 min job to get re-connected, and I now have working front and rear-diffs! Both motors wurr away when fired, the rear diff seems to take longer to engage - although I was in a straight line Now just need to fit a CDL switch and remove the transfer box plug :icon-cool:

No idea how long its been like that for the previous owner, but shows the diff locks can be quite reliable - although the truck has been used mainly on-road.

Fitted new front windscreen, not sure what i am going to do with the old one as the glass is perfect so may just keep it as a spare. Bit of a bugger of a job but manageable on your own once the screen is on the body unless you have those suction cup things which would have been greta to move and pull with but got there in the end.

On the plus side the window frame is in great nick with only a couple of very light spots starting so when back in SA i will remove it again and have a bit of a respray done.

Was not fun in the rain but cant let the weather hold you back otherwise we will not get anything doe in this country.

Ordered the rest of the fluids for the base mine but thats for next week i hope.

hi Clive the way i did it was to run the cable along the rack from the rear coming out thru the rubber gaiter next to the rear door hinges -along inside the head lining and down the rear corner post and inside the panels and so on:thumbup:

That sounds quite logical Pete, maybe I'll consider some roof lights myself. I've often fancied running wires inside the rack tubing, it would be very neat and less to get snagged on the trees...:think:

Progress made on the drawer system, difficult job now to make the drawers for the left hand side!!!
ge3ynu8y.jpg
esamu7yn.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front diff breather extended yesterday eve - will do back one when I get a few hrs and a dry day!

Bugger.

Water pump

That's all I'm saying

Did I say bugger?

Bugger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
wheel bearings strip and re grease and adjust and new disks and pads all roun
IMG_0674_zps11327ba5.jpg
IMG_0676_zps632e14bf.jpg
IMG_0684_zpsdbc49193.jpg
IMG_0678_zps2d74f37d.jpg

Caught what Joe. No crisis here at the last minute, oh no.

Sodding thing

Just last minute checks before Lincomb. Only a wash to do and I was just checking belts.

Wobble wobble bugger

Can't believe I've just about done. Under 2 hours lucky I had a spare.

Sodding thing

Just last minute checks before Lincomb. Only a wash to do and I was just checking belts.

Wobble wobble bugger

Better now Chris, than half way to Lincomb :icon-rolleyes:

Better still than stuck in a bog hole shrouded in steam! :icon-biggrin: :thumbup:

Sodding thing

Wobble wobble bugger

oh thats ok then i didnt know if it had gone whilst out.

Sorry Joe, I was in denial there for a moment.

No, well no symptoms or anything. No noise, vibration or leaks. I have the usual off road mud in the dynamo and I thought I'd whip it off, clean all the kak out of it and it'd be a good job. I was pulling the belts over the fan and I thought "hello. That's not supposed to wobble like that"

Once off I spun it by hand. Sounded like a pepper grinder, crunch, graunch, groan. Plus the bearing had a real headache of course. The spare I had was used but genuine and felt night and tight. Given the time and whatnot, I stuck it on. Have to say I have genuinely worked as hard as Ben today! It's been non stop

Odd but you know prepping two cruisers for Lincomb seems almost twice as much work as doing one. :think:

Finally got round to a more secure way of attaching waffle boards than bungees.

2119096B-3D1A-490C-BE87-83B0A42A0D31_zpskl6qbj6l.jpg

46399602-4F04-477A-8231-7683955D4DF8_zpseoe4ubxq.jpg

No more roof rack rumbles and bangs anymore.

Very tidy Trevor. Pretty sure they used to be up there when I had it. Been a long time though. Waffles need to be accessible and easy to get off. Or you simply don't use them.

New front Pagid discs and brembo pads :) would have had brembo discs too, but there was a back order from brembo :(. Pagid are still a good brand! just a shame they wont stay that silver for ever :(

P1040664.JPGP1040666.JPGP1040667.JPG

Finally got round to swapping my broken bumper for a "new" ebay model. Had to wait a year for the right colour to come up.

I'm going to clean up my chassis in a week or two, just a bit if surface rust so was going to wire rush it off and paint with red oxide then with a coat of epoxy paint.

question is, how much paint will I need for the chassis? Has anyone painted one?

I can't pretend to call it maintenance, but for weeks I've been meaning to change the wheels back to the GG ATs from running the BFG MUDs over the winter. The truth is, my shed has been such a disgrace that I haven't been able to get in it to reach the wheels stored in the far right corner! :oops:

So on Saturday, my better half decided to tidy my shed :wtf:

Carpe diem as they say, so off came the MUDs and by that time, my wife had reached the AT stack!

On went the ATs and I set about cutting the grass. For some reason my misses wasn't happy about that, strange these women, they don't think straight at all....:think:

Tyres changed, shed tidy (she even found a workbench...), MUDs in the corner ready for the next muddy/snowy season, and the grass cut! A good day out... :thumbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    954.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    885.6 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg