Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

LC went through the MOT with a breeze on Sat so treated it (and myself) to a refurb/repad of the driver's seat. Leather is fine, just the usual problem of collapsing side bolster cushion and seat pad due to either the age/mileage of the vehicle or my, not inconsiderable, ever increasing bulk. Probably the former:lol:

Replaced the rear pads and cleaned up and adjusted the handbrake and all working now.

Mick

Yep, thats the place. They put me a new headlining in a high roof 60. Very good job as well asa doing the same job as you had done.

Andy

Finally fitted Longfield Lifetime Wiper seals that I've had kicking around for ages.
Will be interested to see how they last with our UK less than perfectly smooth Knuckle balls.

I had tried to fix up the pitting when did the axle rebuild but still not super smooth
Only time will tell.

Dave.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Had to re-attach rear flare and mudflap after ripping it off last weekend at Sundown NP (Qld)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reattached my mud flaps to the nearside of the 80 after ripping them off getting stuck in a bog at the weekend. I also replaced my drivers door check strap.

Had new windscreen fitted in the Hundy. After living with a couple of chips at eve level in front of me since I bought I have transformed the experience of driving it.
IMG_0799_zps8bcc37ec.jpg

Andy

Gave it a lick of polish
egejabag.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Spent some of this morning finishing the tailgate swaps. I used the tailgate of the spares truck as it was virtually brand new with a new wiper motor installed, changed the glass to an unscratched one

The start
IMG_0800_zps1084a11d.jpg
and had both repainted to smarten up the rear end. Having changed the tailgates last weekend I finished them off today.

the finish
IMG_0803_zps572423a1.jpg

now that looks better. next the quarter bumpers and towbar will receive attention.

Andy

Spent some of this morning finishing the tailgate swaps. I used the tailgate of the spares truck as it was virtually brand new with a new wiper motor installed, changed the glass to an unscratched one

The start
IMG_0800_zps1084a11d.jpg
and had both repainted to smarten up the rear end. Having changed the tailgates last weekend I finished them off today.

the finish
IMG_0803_zps572423a1.jpg

now that looks better. next the quarter bumpers and towbar will receive attention.

Andy

Is it best to replace the tailgate instead of trying to fix the rust, notice a few bubbles around the bottom of the window???!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Started my drawer build, not a straight line or right angle in it!!!
Wood is just resting against each other now, need to think about fridge slide and 2 drawers on the left.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400355713.113303.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a tyre fail on the 80, major wheel wobble at speed so stopped quickly. Inner side wall had a bulge so had to chuck the spare on. Gutted as had 11 mm tread on it :icon-cry: one of the 33's and luckily didn't blow out.

Unusual for the inner wall to give problems Gary, is it worth considering claiming defect?

Unusual for the inner wall to give problems Gary, is it worth considering claiming defect?

not sure Chris has a claims department :lol:
It does go laning with the 33's Clive so could've caught it at some point. Didn't notice anything on mot other day. One of those things.

One of the ones you had from me Gary? That's a shame. What can I say? really sorry - I guess that's tyres for you. When I got them, I noticed sort of regular ripples in the side wall of all of them. I contacted the seller who forwarded my mail to Cooper. They came back quickly and and said this was prefectly normal. It was where the belts or whatever where joined in the sidewall. I sent them pictures. There were very regular small bulges I guess. They were very clear in their response.

But it sounds like you had something quite serious there. I don't have a claims dept not, but I'll get you a beer in at Lincomb! They stopped making that size or at least stopped selling it in the UK. i have never read anything bad about them

It's not a problem Chris no apology needed, tyres are tyres and they do see the rough stuff after all. I don't run the 35's very often so these get most of the work on and off road. Only takes a rock to push it the wrong way. I've got a spare in the garage.

Tbh if it was one of my bfgs it'd be annoying.

Oh and beer no good I'm t total :icon-biggrin: (that's me banned from the club lol)

Back