Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Those guards look ok too Chas, they'd save a nudge from cracking the lenses again.:thumbup:

Those guards look ok too Chas, they'd save a nudge from cracking the lenses again.:thumbup:

Yes Clive that was why I fitted them, the actual metal toobs are quite substantial, got them for a good price too, the only thing I am concerned about is if when green laning they get caught on the bushes, they only attach by the two small bolts that hold the lens from the inside, not very strong to withstand a sideways tug. :think:

Quick Big end bearing change and new filters, big ends were ready for doing

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I've been having charging troubles and had assumed my newish alternator had failed .... on closer inspection found this ....

IMG_2315.JPG

When I replaced the alternator I failed to check the condition of the lead adequately and it's rusted through and been bouncing around freely :shock:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Suns out ! :happy-bouncygreen: sod what i'm supposed to be doing let's get the spare wheel cover back on its been annoying me for ages . An example of my crap welding

Spare wheel carrier 001.JPG

It will do so all i have to do now is lash a bit of acid etch primer and topcoat on it . 5 minutes after etch coat :icon-rolleyes:

Rain 001.JPG

I've been having charging troubles and had assumed my newish alternator had failed .... on closer inspection found this ....

View attachment 24310

When I replaced the alternator I failed to check the condition of the lead adequately and it's rusted through and been bouncing around freely :shock:

Looks like that's sheared off there Grant. It will probably need a new regulator pack. Let me know if you need any assistance as I have a pall who rebuilds things like this.

[emoji4]

Looks like that's sheared off there Grant. It will probably need a new regulator pack. Let me know if you need any assistance as I have a pall who rebuilds things like this.

[emoji4]

It looks like you are right there. I thought I was just going to be able to make a new cable and bolt it back on.

Looking at this pic it definitely looks like I have more work than I thought.

altnernator.JPG

The alternator was only put in at the end of June so I wonder what could have gone wrong for it to deteriorate like that. I'm sure that I wouldn't have over tightened it to the point of almost sheering like that.

Evening folks. ..

This little lot landed on my bench the other day.

12615133_641759849296531_3760888422099495660_o.jpg

Tommy, did you get the Flash Lube from Aus also?

The Flash Lune comes in the service kit, available from my place of work, West Coast Off Road we are the official importer of Terrain Tamer for the UK

What height lift kit have you got? Castor arms are on my list of things to get from Superior Engineering

It looks like you are right there. I thought I was just going to be able to make a new cable and bolt it back on.

Looking at this pic it definitely looks like I have more work than I thought.

View attachment 24320

The alternator was only put in at the end of June so I wonder what could have gone wrong for it to deteriorate like that. I'm sure that I wouldn't have over tightened it to the point of almost sheering like that.

Much as I'm sure you won't have over tightened it- it does look suspiciously like it's been over tightened. [emoji20] Easily done on 6mm studs.

Fitted new window rubbers to my 80 today, we now have fresh air....new batteries ordered,
just trying to search out new bulbs for headlights, any suggestions....it's dark in Norfolk....

Back