Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Yes, I was hanging on for an Ifor Williams rather than going for an Indespension or something. There are loads of lesser makes on e-Bay but those in the know tell me they are flimsy compared with the Ifor.

Our IW Horse Trailer is now 20 years old and its mechanically sound (I do give it lots of maintenance) but the panels are starting to de-laminate. I was/am very impressed with the build quality.

The Plant Trailer has been used for tar laying machinery by the look of it and its all brown - I'll see about getting the use of the high-power hot water Pressure Washer down at the farm. I think my little washer will struggle.

It will be a fine trailer when I've finished renovating it as there is nothing structurally wrong with it.

Bob.

Mechanical auto meter oil pressure gauge install on the LJ70 V8, chasing down 1/8 x 28 BSP compression fitting for oil housing. Need to clean and waxoil underside and chassis before it gets too wet here in Scotland, but missed that mark, it's pouring down for next several days... Always a ton to do on this one, but the list is getting shorter for now.

Dropped the car off today in WGC to get my rusty arches sorted, asked them to take lots of piccys to post on here. Will hopefully have it back Monday evening. I also recieved an oil catch can in the post but think i will have to make a little bracket to attach it to the bulk head.

Fitted 2 new front speakers. Noticed the sound wasn't quite right on the run back from Scotland last week and after playing around with the balance controls discovered no sound at all from the front. This was after pulling the head unit out of the dash, convinced it must faulty due to the un-likelyhood of 2 speakers blowing at the same time! B*****d.

Service the motor today first time this year after much work restoring. New filters & oil change.

Freshened up hit the highway feeling great :tongueclosed:

IMG_3988.JPG IMG_3996.JPG IMG_3989.JPG

Nice big workshop you've got there Dervis, looking good!

Mine had an oil change and all the filters last week, always feels smoother for the first couple of k km.

Awaiting front brake pads, rear prop rear UJ, new CVs and front axle shaft oil seals next week, so a bigger bill than usual coming up.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good deals on eBay for filters & new wiper blades for winter season ready now.

Bought 20in & 19in wiper blades as a measured best setup.

P.s bought 4 car lock protective covers too

IMG_3987.JPG IMG_3995.JPG

Nice big workshop you've got there Dervis, looking good!

Mine had an oil change and all the filters last week, always feels smoother for the first couple of k km.

Awaiting front brake pads, rear prop rear UJ, new CVs and front axle shaft oil seals next week, so a bigger bill than usual coming up.

Yeah certainly does Clive the motor is still running in at 12,000km but starting to open up nicely thankfully.

You have a little bit of work there I know but there awesome trucks when their running good.

I drove 200km yesterday & loved every moment....lol

The garage belongs to our cousin in the city here, he rebuilt the mighty 1-HDT motor in my car.
His converting his yaught with that motor currently so may do a write up on that soon.

Look forward to seeing your truck again.

My handbrake has not been quite what I would like recently so I bought some of those nice BOSS dog bones from the man Stan and as today was nice and sunny and I was off work I thought why not, so jacked Thirsty up and removed the rear wheels, removed caliper from o/s/r, removed disc, hmmmm.
Refitted everything and put her back down, decided that changing the dog bones was not going to make any difference to the handbrake as I need to replace the shoes, found the problem with the hand brake efficiency.
The hub oil seal is slacking on the job and needs to be replaced as well so more parts needed, bugger and oh well.

That was my bit of fun today :)

Oops, the infamous rear quarters. Had mine done not so long ago too Nick.

It's good to see some sealant going on there.

Mine were gone all the way along that bottom seam, but the guy did a nice job in some pretty thick steel. He reckons it won't rust through in the rest of my lifetime...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I hadn't got a clue who to take it to so it ended up at a place that restores old American cars.

Oops, the infamous rear quarters. Had mine done not so long ago too Nick.

It's good to see some sealant going on there.

Mine were gone all the way along that bottom seam, but the guy did a nice job in some pretty thick steel. He reckons it won't rust through in the rest of my lifetime...

View attachment 109162 View attachment 109163

Nothing feels better then "Good as new" Clive.

That looks horribly familiar, Nick.

I have been sidetracked from my '90 sill replacement' epic project but I have the N/S sill free and just need to raise the body off the chassis in order to get the 6ft of rusty remains out and the new panel in.

Once its all aligned and welded I have to start drilling out the spot welds on the O/S :doh:.

First I must finish restoring the Plant Trailer, I'm nearly there (after spending £1,300 on it :wtf:).

Bob.

Post lincomb clear out and swapping the wheels over I've found this
IMG_6900.JPG IMG_6901.JPG IMG_6902.JPG
What is it and how life and death is it? I'm guessing body mount. It's all still firmly attached except the ring around it which is held on by not a lot.

IMG_6905.JPG Just got to the other side and it looks like that bit is long gone

Looks a good repair Nick. It's the next job on my list and I've been dreading it. Still unsure who to use for repairs.

I didn't know where to go with it. I was doing one of my regular deliveries which is next door to "Mikes muscle car garage" so i popped in and asked if they could take a look at it sometime. Mr Wheeler Dealer got them to restore one of his cars and what ever your opinion of him i figured he could take a car anywhere in the country to be fixed up but he chose them so can't be too bad. £275

I wouldn't worry too much about the body mounts Nick, the bots look good and so do the rubbers. If anything it might be worth replacing the bolts, sometimes they rust inside the rubbers, but I'd just keep my eye on them and replace as they fail

Back