Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Had the rear screen out this eve to check how bad the rust is that's appeared in 2 places below the seal, it's repairable but will need the metal cutting out and some new bits welding in (nice permanent repair) including the lip the seal sits on. A couple of other areas the paint has been damaged and painted over, most likely when the screen was tinted.

Popped the screen back in and will be having a weekend in the bodyshop sorting it out in a few weeks.

Interestingly no sealant on the screen/seal and it doesn't leak.

Same here Gary. Two 80 and I've had both screens out, removed any trace of sealer bodge and neither screen leaks even under jet wash conditions. Prior to that they both let water in.

It'll go back in without when I repair and paint the tailgate too. Laning trip in the peaks in a couple of weeks so will do after that.

Hi Guys.......after many years of looking at the altimeter & compass being dull & lights burnt out I ordered some light bulbs from the USA. These are surprising larger than the stock version I had to replace. Only costing $5.50 each plus postage.

OverstockOEMParts.com

IMG_3636.jpg IMG_3637.jpg IMG_3645.jpg

Last edited:
Been wiring up some extra led interior lighting. Fitted some to the upper tailgate and some in the boot, just waiting for the switch I've ordered to turn up, not using it off the boot switch so it's independent to that. Powered from the new rear fuse box/leisure battery.
Got some to wire in for the passenger area but using the normal circuit.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wasn't today ... but replaced the poly switch in my Waeco CF-50 to fix the premature low voltage cut off problem. It was quite a task getting the circuit board out and constantly worrying about bending a pipe too far and letting the magic gas out.

Works like a charm now though. :)

IMG_3167.JPG
IMG_3166.JPG

cleaning, more cleaning, and more cleaning. and changing some light bulbs.
^^ seems the last owner didn't really value cleaning much.

Put the truck in for its annual CVRT test.. commercial version of an MOT, flew through without so much as a sidewards glance.. happy days.

As i have booked into the lincomb farm meet i thought i should put the rusty sump guard back on. so iv given it a quick scrub with a wire brush and a quick blow over with some paint i had in the garage.
While i was outside i had a quick nose underneath the 120 this evening and it looks like one of my CV boots is letting by so il be looking at this when i get in from work tomorrow. i seem to remember that tis is pretty common on the 120, il cut the original clamp off and give it a good zip tie.

Wasn't today ... but replaced the poly switch in my Waeco CF-50 to fix the premature low voltage cut off problem. It was quite a task getting the circuit board out and constantly worrying about bending a pipe too far and letting the magic gas out.

Works like a charm now though. :)

Where did you get the parts from
I need to open up my 50l fridge, I am having to set it at 0 - 1 degrees now to make sure it's At 6 DegC in the fridge, seem to be setting it lower and lower, so thermostat is dodgy. I read that some have a spare thermostat already fitted. And it a simple matter of unplugging one and plugging second one in

Pretty mundane but I spent yesterday giving the 95 (Derek) a good clean underneath and all over followed with a polish and power buff. All shiny now. Found some nice lichens behind the spare wheel.

Andy, I had one replaced on a Waeco CF 40 some time back and it was as you say, a simple unplug and swap. I didn't do it, a mate of mine was looking at it for me and he said it was simple. All done via the display panel I believe.

Where did you get the parts from
I need to open up my 50l fridge, I am having to set it at 0 - 1 degrees now to make sure it's At 6 DegC in the fridge, seem to be setting it lower and lower, so thermostat is dodgy. I read that some have a spare thermostat already fitted. And it a simple matter of unplugging one and plugging second one in

I just bought the parts i needed from ebay. Your problem sounds different to the one I was having though. My compressor would cut out and the error light flash.

If you need a thermostat you can get one from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waeco-The...922786?hash=item41b0f815e2:g:lgsAAOSwHoFXtnD1

I've also read that some models have a spare one installed already ... fingers crossed it holds true for yours :)

Worth having one of those in the spares box at that money.

image.jpg
Took out the extra 160 l fuel tank.
After 5 year the mot guy decided that he wanted to see some paperwork for the tank which I couldn't produce.
Should have told him it was a water tank, but didn't think of it at the moment.

An embarrassingly late post Romania trip oil and filters change and i finally sourced some tube heavy enough to qualify as rocksliders , and get them bent , so a productive day for the cruiser if a very wet one . Summers over by the looks of it :disappointed:
3 Tube 001.JPG

Oh and fitted a new crankcase breather pipe which upset me because being new i couldn't slip it on its sitting as i could the old one so i had to remove the air box pipe to get a grip of it .

Last edited:
Back