Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

I wouldn't worry too much about the body mounts Nick, the bots look good and so do the rubbers. If anything it might be worth replacing the bolts, sometimes they rust inside the rubbers, but I'd just keep my eye on them and replace as they fail
Thanks Clive

Hi Nick i refrained from commenting because i don't have an 80 to compare with but i do wonder if the rotten bit is just a splash guard ?

Hi Nick i refrained from commenting because i don't have an 80 to compare with but i do wonder if the rotten bit is just a splash guard ?
Yeah, it doesn't look like its doing anything much, but i figured its there for a reason.Its not holding anything in or compressing anything, if it fell off (which its not far from doing) i wouldn't have noticed.

Yeah, it doesn't look like its doing anything much, but i figured its there for a reason.Its not holding anything in or compressing anything, if it fell off (which its not far from doing) i wouldn't have noticed.

I'm of a view that rust invites rust so i would likely remove it which is a good excuse to treat the mount to some waxoil or similar .

Put a new exhaust on. Roughtrax middle and back pipe. Perfect fit. Tube looks like same gauge as original. Silencer is less deep.

IMG_1244.JPG

Spent yesterday morning picking the loose Waxoyl from my diff. The results were quite shocking! Maybe a lesson in why waxoyl can be detrimental..
IMG_2562.JPG

It didn't look quite as bad after a wire brushing. Gave it a coat of Rustoleum.
IMG_2574.JPG

This bit needs some work -
IMG_2564.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So yesterday i took a little trip and picked the fridge and slide from Justin, thanks and very nice to meet you.
IMG_6941.JPG
IMG_6942.JPG
Gonna have to sellotape the piggy bank back together and refill it before i can get it plumbed in correctly but the good news is that I will soon be able to carry uber amounts of fresh AND frozen chicken wings around with me :)

How many chicken wings can you get into 50 lt Nick, and don't try to pretend you haven't already worked it out:lol:

Noticed that now its getting colder the LC was turning over a bit slower in the mornings. Im off to Scotland for Christmas so didn't want to risk the possibility of being laughed at by a Scottish land rover owner :lol:

went onto battery megastore and the cheapest for my car was £82 each. Tried roughtrax and they came in at £77 each and Genuine Toyota with free delivery too. so il be swapping these over when they arrive.

Nice one Nick, now your vehicle is truly full overland prepared. Same fridge freezer as I have in the trailer.

First drive today after a month self imposed ban out of respect for injury because my MOT had ran out . Poor timing it was to as i stood outside and watched the guy wiggle poke and prod at my truck for an hour and a half . But at least it made the fail less of a shock .

Both track rod ends which i'm glad to know about .
Rear seat belt jammed as it does every time i let the mrs put the baby seat in instead of doing it myself :icon-rolleyes:
And after 4 years of ownership someone actually noticed i don't have a fog light :lol:

Can't complain at that :icon-biggrin: now i just have to convince the mrs that i can fix it all with one hand :whistle:

The LC went in for its MOT today, flew straight through :dance:

So fitted the new battery's when i got home its turning over much quicker now. just waiting for Scotland now:icon-biggrin:

Took my new one for MOT too today. Not a thing. 100% in the green in every respect.

Blokes know me there and tried to pull a fast one with a pit of pointing down in the pit. Hmm he says. Going to need a bit of welding. Arrrggghhhhh ..........Oh hah hah very funny.

First opportunity to drive it on the road and it is lovely. Now I can crack on and get the V5 sorted.

Took my new one for MOT too today. Not a thing. 100% in the green in every respect.

Blokes know me there and tried to pull a fast one with a pit of pointing down in the pit. Hmm he says. Going to need a bit of welding. Arrrggghhhhh ..........Oh hah hah very funny.

First opportunity to drive it on the road and it is lovely. Now I can crack on and get the V5 sorted.

Not sure I believe any of this, no announcements no photos... :icon-rolleyes:

A few cryptic comments about registration procedures in the U.K. and something about SORN and that's it...

You know the rules Chris, words like "beans" and "spill" come to mind... :?

No reason it wouldn't have passed I reckon Chris, now stop driving on dirty winter roads!!

Don't worry Gary, it's all tucked away now, nice and dry away from the rain, snow and salt. Roads were dry today. Shame to have to tax it just to get the V5 really. It's not going to be driven during the winter at all. They've already started gritting here so a bit of rain over the next few days is going to start all that nasty stuff happening. Bad news for the other vehicles but Big Blue is well out of harm's way.

Not sure I believe any of this, no announcements no photos... :icon-rolleyes:

A few cryptic comments about registration procedures in the U.K. and something about SORN and that's it...

You know the rules Chris, words like "beans" and "spill" come to mind... :?

The suspense is killing me, I've a feeling its something quite special (as all blue ones are of course) :tearsofjoy:

Back