Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Ive been doing body work on the camper today. For the first time in years ive felt like i used to whilst working on the truck. With doing a fair bit on cruisers nowadays it normally just feels like work. Today it actually felt like a hobby again so im hoping thats how it stays.

Also the first batch of bio has been startes this eve. not made any for a few years due to the house move.

Last edited:
Under the old rules it was just a “visible smoke” test for diesels of this era. Maybe now there’s an actual emmissions target to hit. I get a slight puff of black smoke if I boot it from a standstill, rest of the time there’s nothing to see. Strange when you think these are regarded as very dirty engines by today’s measures with no DPF’s, CAT’s etc. Ive followed cars 2-3 years old kicking out way more than that.
They have always used the probe where I take mine. As you say, the tester is always surprised how low the emissions are and I run a bit more fuel.
I mentioned it somewhere a while back, it turns out the big panic about the new regs and old diesels is unfounded.

They have always used the probe where I take mine. As you say, the tester is always surprised how low the emissions are and I run a bit more fuel.
I mentioned it somewhere a while back, it turns out the big panic about the new regs and old diesels is unfounded.

I must dig out my test result from last September. They test for smoke opacity here and it regsisters as a k/mean value, whatever that is. If I remember rightly, the limit is 60. My reading was 3...

I must dig out my test result from last September. They test for smoke opacity here and it regsisters as a k/mean value, whatever that is. If I remember rightly, the limit is 60. My reading was 3...
I can't remember what my readings are. They are always the same though. 0.3 rings a bell but I may be wrong.
I'll pay more attention next time..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Following research on Youtube I tackled the two front seat belts that were hardly retracting. Very happy both are moving up at good speed now. Small job but satisfying nonetheless.
Oooh link? Mine are slow too.

Here ya go grantw:-
AND!!!
Worked on rear brakes....well that was the plan, two new disks later.. and pads.
Also fitted new fuel filter.

Replacing front wings on the '100' this week :shock:.

Flipping horrible job; its so rusty every bolt is just a lump of rust that has to be drilled out and re-threaded (or, as in one case, replaced by a stainless Rivnut).

If this heap passes its MOT next week it will be a miracle, its crumbling underneath like a dry biscuit.

DSCN8776.jpg

DSCN8777.jpg

Is this some water detector for use when wading ??? must look it up.

DSCN8775.jpg

Corroded bracket repaired with galvanised plate and epoxy adhesive (not enough left to weld :doh:.

DSCN8780.jpg

The (rusty remains of) bolts holding the mudflap brackets were a right 'B' to drill out.

DSCN8786.jpg

Tomorrow the new, freshly painted, wings go on. At least the topside will look OK.

DSCN8783.jpg

Bob.

Holy moly... The rusty goblin had a field day with that.

Well, its coming together.

That's better, I found a seedling growing in the soil in here when I took it apart :doh:.

DSCN8789.jpg

I'm not the best painter with a rattle can, but it looks OK from a distance.

DSCN8793.jpg

DSCN8794.jpg

Tomorrow its the turn of the upper tailgate . . . One of the numberplate lights has fallen out leaving a large rusty hole.

Welcome to car ownership in Scotland :icon-rolleyes:.

Bob.

Its never too late - I'm using spray cans all the time.

One now on order; thanks for the heads-up :thumbup:.

Bob.

Not exactly maintenance but upgrade/enhancement.:-

IMG_1690.JPG

IMG_1691.JPG

I've been on the lookout for one of these for years, got one finally today and fitted it. Made in Brisbane its a quality bit of kit and only a couple of kilos heavier than a standard steel bumper and a doddle to fit. I plan to fit a Toyota factory winch I have behind it soon.
Well pleased and a big thanks to the forum member who let me have it.

Just be careful with my no. plate young man!

Not exactly maintenance but upgrade/enhancement.:-

View attachment 155614

View attachment 155615

I've been on the lookout for one of these for years, got one finally today and fitted it. Made in Brisbane its a quality bit of kit and only a couple of kilos heavier than a standard steel bumper and a doddle to fit. I plan to fit a Toyota factory winch I have behind it soon.
Well pleased and a big thanks to the forum member who let me have it.
Are you spraying it black or leaving it as is Andy?

Back