Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

who stole the aircon?

IRLGW

I have a 93 manualVX.....I nearly went and spent £70 to top up the aircon until a random stranger recently pulled up (in the country's apparently only second last 80 series) to admire my wheels:icon-biggrin:. while I was in the process of showing him how to tweak his fuel system I couldn't help but notice that he had a few extra bits bolted on. Further investigation showed the air con pump to the top left and the aircon radiator at the front. I then realised that although I have the AC button that lights up it isn't connected to anything! and what I assumed to be aircon was actually the PS pump! Very glad that I didn't try to top it up:oops:.......Has it been robbed by the previous or never fitted from factory? Dogs are demanding a solution to the crime asap:think:

Could well have just had a different heater control unit in glen.
Ps. Don't forget there's a tailgate and a set of wheels here:icon-wink:

probably gone faulty and removed by a previous owner I'd say, any sign of aluminium aircon piping? that would clinch it.

Not a trace of evidence from a previous installation and the t piece over the engine where the heater pipes enter the bulkhead has blank on it that looks somewhat original.

Mr Webster! I was hanging off on delivery until I worked out if I needed a steering box as well and the clutch is all but gone. However I priced pallets today so will be in touch over the weekend to get it sorted out. How much for aircon!

93 manuals rarely have the air con in them.

Give me a shout then mate. Be nice to see them gone now.

My 1994 manual does not have aircon.

i wonder if the strength of the yen might have something to do with some costs saving exercises - no leather, no aircon.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have had the earlier man trucks with air con but not many at all. Prob was optional from factory.

Back