Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WHO'S GOT THE SNOW ?

Woo hoo :D

We finally have about 2" of snow and as usual the roads are gridlocked so i better go round the back roads :thumbup:

Joe

silvercruiser said:
Woo hoo :D

We finally have about 2" of snow and as usual the roads are gridlocked................
Ditto :dance:

we got lastnight as well. Couple of cm at best. Still going though so here's hoping...

Now have 3 feet in the street and more than that in the back garden - I almost drowned the dog this morning when I took him out for a pee!

Not quite the three feet you have Gary. But this is what a foot of snow looks like if you are my Missus, which makes my whanger about 4 foot long then. Eh?

IMGP4217.jpg

IMGP4218.jpg

Hmm. Not remotely bothered at this point about the LC not being operational. If i need to get anywhere, I'll just go in the Verso.

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks fun!

I should be able to get out in this today - the Yaris was son-free Sunday evening ... Oh, and it's still snowing ...

5ad038ba.jpg

Won't be going out the front door anytime soon though..

9cb0fe0d.jpg

We finally received our share in SW London overnight and this morning :mrgreen: BUt not very substantial - barely settling. It's snowing right now in central London - hopefully it will keep doing so and I have a reason to take the day off tomorrow :cool:

You have a Cruiser - you can get to work. Lesser mortals may not, but you can - got to be better than waiting for the Tube that's not running ...

Getting to work is the least of my worries - I want to take time off to go and play in the snow in my cruiser :D Can't do that without snow though... fingers crossed it keeps falling!

At last, we've got it in London, not much so far but it's coming down fast and settling well.
Front

2.jpg

Back

21.jpg

What's the going rate for rescuing stuck Land Rovers :lol: :lol:

At bl**dy last, got up to snow this morning :clap:
Been snowing continuously since 5am and it has laid down at least...............1" now :lol:

Looks like someone dropped a bottle of baby powder... :(

IMAG0005.jpg

which side of edinburgh are you on gary? i'm in queensferry and its not quite so deep as where you are. i presume you are to the south or east?

I'm in Colinton, so southwest, right up against the Pentlands (walking distance to them ...)

Snowing again there now :D

So for those with loads of snow and driving with AT's how have you found the grip / performance? We are driving to France over Christmas to a ski resort and am toying with buying either snow chains or snow socks, but I am not sure these are really necessary.....

TonyP said:
So for those with loads of snow and driving with AT's how have you found the grip / performance? We are driving to France over Christmas to a ski resort and am toying with buying either snow chains or snow socks, but I am not sure these are really necessary.....
Tony

Tommo and I did the Alps on road tyres, albeit M&S ones. We panicked about chains etc but in the end didn't need them. The French etc are very good at keeping the ski resort roads running and put down fine gravel that presses into the ice leaving you with a sandpaper type surface to drive on.
Chains over there are really cheap in the supermarkets but we couldn't find 4x4 sizes. I think it has to be extremely bad for them to close a road to 4x4s as they would apparently wave a 4x4 on when a road is closed to cars.

Just to add to that, we were all over the area around Taninges, Chamonix and up to Geneve without any issues.

Cheers Les, :clap: it's what I thought, but no harm in asking. One less thing to spend money on

Oh, and don't forget a mascot

Lots and lots of miles and he must have been frozen
DSCN0411.jpg

Back