Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Why are land cruisers so expensive?

Not sure if it explains prices but is does tell me why they stopped making good trucks .

Not sure if it explains prices but is does tell me why they stopped making good trucks .

I wouldn't say they stopped making good trucks Shayne... I'm sure if you look at who they sell most of there new trucks to, for example the 200 series, you'll find it's for there robustness and reliability. The bling and comfort is more for the modern market and Toyota still priorities it's off road capability and ruggedness over comfort. Plus they make there trucks very easy for bolt on mods for those who want to take things to another level. If I remember right, the 200 series also did quite well in the Dakar Rally.

I agree they may have lost there way a bit, but there trucks still stand by what they're meant to do.

Personal opinion of course Beau , i lift the bonnet on my old 90 and see an engine , i lift the bonnet on my newer supposedly better 90 and all i see are sensors :thumbdown:

Totally agree Shayne, and that's why I'm shipping my cruiser over here, instead of buying a 100/200 series. The only major electrical component on our 90 series is the fuel pump which can be swapped and then theres the electronics for those that have the automatic box.

Back