Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Why own an old vehicle?

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...car-brand-2019-Reliable-Peugeot-Skoda-Hyundai

https://europe.jdpower.com/press-releases/2019-uk-vehicle-dependability-study

Quality has been banned in favour of pretence , sewing machine engines digitally protected against self destruction . If i ever buy a crate motor (and that's my backup plan if the EU Nazi's ban diesel) i am 100% certain it will be old school American .
If they ever do ban Diesel, At least we can all look forward to driving round in V6 Petrol FJs......

Like this…

A few of those on Ebay at the moment. Very different to a LC both inside and out but I must admit they do carry a certain appeal. Might be a good alternative to a V8 100 series :think:

That’s sweet, power steering too and look at all those stainless bolts ! Looks too cheap to me :think:

I'll await @Rodger, but there seems to be lots wrong with it

1) Wrong bezel
2) The drip rail all the way down the A-pillar
3) The f**king Jeep sticker on the dashboard
4) Post 1980 dash pad
5) loads of knobs missing

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah well he’s not claiming its 100% original, just “ many original features”. The non original front seats are probably a good choice from a daily driver point of view. Just depends how far you you want to take the originality question I guess.

The more i look at them, The more they grow on me. ... I like Gr8yota pic in an earlier post Good colour...Its already been said but yes there are a few folk importing them at the 'Mo'.... A future alternative

The more i look at them, The more they grow on me. ... I like Gr8yota pic in an earlier post Good colour...Its already been said but yes there are a few folk importing them at the 'Mo'.... A future alternative
I was surprised at how big they seem. Saw a few in Hungary. They’re probably no bigger than an 80, they just look enormous.

There are a few transmission choices from auto with selectable 2/4wd to a 6 speed manual with full time 4wd, as per an 80 but with centre torsen diff plus a few of the modern electronic aids like Attrac and SC. Most seem to be auto, the manual being much rarer. Personally I’d go for the manual if I had a choice.

Like the description of the styling in this add.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-F...976859?hash=item521bc162db:g:8uYAAOSwpFda1fzK..
”The front of an old Landcruiser, the middle from a Helicopter and the rear from a Hummer” :icon-biggrin:

Yeh i like them, but to say 'I want one' would be hypocritical.. So 'Gimme' an old 60 series any day:thumbup:

If they ever do ban Diesel, At least we can all look forward to driving round in V6 Petrol FJs......

Are you kidding i got my trucks and if i have to do a transplant what an excuse to go V8 :music-deathmetal:

One of the many things I like about pre-2000 cars is that generally speaking you knew where your car was made and who was behind it.

The revived Supra/BMW Z4 springs to mind.

CE465254-CE4A-4174-B578-B79E4BF947EB.jpeg
Last week went to get some parts for my triumph vitesse renovation and came home with this!!
Took it out for the first time today as it was sunny, what an absolute hoot!!!!

View attachment 156224 Last week went to get some parts for my triumph vitesse renovation and came home with this!!
Took it out for the first time today as it was sunny, what an absolute hoot!!!!
Wow! One of my first cars... But in red...It pulled the Birds in 1980.. A classic right there Moggy!

My nephew's car, inheritance from his grandfather, it was in a garage from 91 up to 2 years ago, he restored the body and interior completely, some work left for the mechanical side and electrics, we are both looking for some parts, but they are not easy to find or have some outrageous prices

IMG-20190427-WA0002.jpg IMG-20190427-WA0003.jpg

Here's a survivor.....just !
I enjoyed that. what is the truck? the chassis flexes like a Unimog chassis and the rear cross member looks very familiar..

It's a Mercedes, they were very popular in east africa along with m.a.n and fiats, most of this had trailers on them and i remember my brother used to drive a Mercedes all the way to Zambia from Uganda on mostly dirt roads. The whole trip used to take him a month or so.
like i said very popular in east Africa in the 60's then the Japanese came with the Isuzu's and Hino's and decimated the European truck market in East Africa just like they did with the car market.

Back