Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Why this tyre size on a 90

So the 80 alloys fit on the 90 ? is that what you have on your 90? do you have any pics so I could have a look .

Aye, they are the same drilling but a slightly different offset which pushes the wheel out of the rim a bit - IIRC, the standard 90 alloys are -15mm & the 80 alloys are zero.

Just warming up photobucket now to see if I have a pic or two. BTW, I tried to copy your pic from photobox onto the forum directly but couldn't do it. You should have a look at using photobucket as its dead easy to do it from there...

Like this :D

12042010854.jpg

12042010855.jpg

12042010853.jpg

DSC02772.jpg

DSC02798.jpg

I normally run with the centre caps but have them on Muxley at the moment :oops:

Attachments

• 12042010854.jpg
    12042010854.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 12042010855.jpg
    12042010855.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 12042010853.jpg
    12042010853.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC02772.jpg
    DSC02772.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC02798.jpg
    DSC02798.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 92
Gav Peter said:
sae70 said:
It is widely accepted that the largest tyre size you can fit to a standard Collie is a 265/75/16
There's now't wrong with a bit of rubbin' now & again :snooty:

But as I mentioned, I am not running the standard 90 wheels with the 275/70/16's on - I went for this size as when I bought the 80 alloys, there was a BFG AT on one of them that was servicable as a spare!!! :D
Correct me if I'm wrong but is a 275/70/16 (31.16") not smaller in diameter to a 265/75/16 (31.65") :?: :)

I'd never actually checked Steve but you are slap on the money there dude!!!

You can have one of these :ugeek: too...

:lol: :cool:

cheers gav they look the job do them I think I might try and get me a set of them what tyres have you on them ?,by the way that looks like one mean 80 if thats what it is in the background.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
BFG AT tyres - 275/70/16 size. Well chuffed with them TBH :cool:

And yes, thats Lord Muxley in the background - he my lully chap :roll: Check my ROTW thread in my sig line for a read on that disgrace :D

TBH Mike, IMHO you have a nice set of wheels on your truck already - get one off & look around them for markings to tell you the width & fittings, for example 16 x 8JJ & then some other digits for the offset... Unless you are really unhappy with them or want to fit much wider tyres, they look fine to me.

If you want a colour change, put your truck on bricks for a few days & get them powder coated with those chaps in Manchester at £15 a rim... If you want a wider stance, look at spacers... Do you mind me asking why you want to change them?

Hello Gav,
I dont dislike the wheels I just wanted something a bit wider, then when I saw how yours were pushed out a little I liked the look of them, I`ll have a look at my wheels and see what numbers are on them.
Really I should just stick with them as nothings cheap these days when you start looking for wheels and tyres and I know there only runway enduro`s but they`ve loads of tread and the colorado drives fine on them (only been on tarmac with me though)unless I sold them on once I got sorted ,I had a quick look around the net last night and there doesnt seem to be much on offer.

Hello Gav
Just had a look at "lord muxley" and mightily impressed looks like you`ve put some work into him and I love the rugged stance it has most of the stuff you`ve done goes straight over my head suspension lifts and car electrics :? but I`d love to get into it but I dont think my other half would let me loose on ours its her pet she loves it and I must say drives more than me but I`m thinking of dipping my toe in one of those pay and play sites not that I`d know what I was doing.
:pray: maybe one day
ps thats a nice set of wheels and tyres your mate "REX" has on in the pic of your 90 and the other? sorry I dont know the model Number

Keep in touch with Karl Wester on here if you do want some 80 alloys - he has a fairly constant stream of trucks rolling through his yard for breaking...

Our Colorado had Runways on when we got it but there wasn't much left in them so they got junked as discussed earlier... I'm sure you'd have takers for your rims :cool:

If you did want a wider stance, you could always try spacers :think:

Just spotted your next post too - cheers Mike, he's still a work in progress but I think they always are!!! Blimey, most of the stuff is over my head too - if it weren't for them that knows stuff on here, I'd be stuffed!!! You should come out with us on a few lanes - there's a trip out around Wales this weekend... :p C'mon, the wife won't miss you sneaking out!!! :lol: :lol:

michael said:
ps thats a nice set of wheels and tyres your mate "REX" has on in the pic of your 90 and the other? sorry I dont know the model Number
;) Rex would be me. It's an LJ78 and rolls on 265/75R16 Cooper STT on 16x8 steel modular rims. It's had a few other mods since the pics were taken including a 45mm suspension lift and I think they look a little better for it, having some room to move n all.

If you wanted the same wheel/tyre setup Silverline4x4 sell them in sets of 4 for £595 delivered

Jim.

Hi I finally got the wheels off while doing the front discs and pads and stamped on the wheels is 16x7jj ? and +30 ? as I said before I`m not very good on what all this means re-what tyre sizes the wheels will take.
Any help anyone ;)

you have 16 inch rims which are 7 inch wide with a 30mm positive offset:
post-2-1184063972.jpe

Means your wheels are tucked in a little bit but I think that's the way it should be on a 90.

Attachments

• post-2-1184063972.jpe
    post-2-1184063972.jpe
    61.3 KB · Views: 92
Yes, the standard 5-spoke Colorado rims that were on ours when I got it had a positive offset but I can't remember zigackly what it was... :oops:

Forgive my ignorance but would the wheels take the 265/70/16s tyres then, and what would be the widest tyre they will take ? as I do like a wide tyre (you should see my belly)

Back