Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

will 15" wheels fit my 2003 80

marsie

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
i am currently deciding what size tyres to get now i have fitted a 2" lift. My old 80 had 15" wheels as standard and i replaced them with 15s with bigger tyres so i wondered if 15s would fit my 2003. It currently has standard 16" 5 spokes and they look very close to the rear callipers when looked at from underneath?
Cheers
Paul

I think you are mistaken with the year.... 1993 possibly? If so I don't think 15 inch wheels will clear the larger brakes.

Nice to see you again yesterday Paul, the short answer is no on that one. If you really wanted you could if you fitted a pair of 90-92 axles but then you might have a problem with the ABS.

I think the answer is yes. Others have done it with a little filing of the front caliper required. It is probably somewhat dependent on the wheels you're fitting.

Hi my name is Peter our farming family have had Landcruiser for years got one of the first 80 when they came to the uk we got a 200 a 100 a 80 and an old 40 which is in limbo waiting to pop a v8 in it.
My 94 80 has a 4" lift and runs 10x15 wheels and 35/12.50r15 muddies. So yes Lorin is correct. They rubbed caliper for a couple miles then no problem. Hope that's some help. Thanks.

Hello Peter, welcome to the forum.

As a clear fan of Land Cruisers, you'd be a welcomed member, so may I suggest you post a short introduction in "introductions" section, that way we'll get to know a bit about you and your experiences.... :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I run 15's for my 35's -44mm offset steel rims and 6mm wheel spacers. No catching and no filing of calipers. Close though!

Thanks for the info guys. Seems that steels (modulars etc ) may go on due to the thinner construction but alloys have to be a bit thicker so cause issues. My last 80 was a j plate (91/92) and this one is a 93 so i guess the brakes got bigger after 92??

Think to be on the safe side i will stick with the 16s
Paul

p.s anyone after a set of 20" bling bling wheels for their Landcruiser:puke-front::puke-front:

20151114_091111.jpg

Last edited:
Back