Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Will BF Goodrich AT KO2 - 265/70 R16 fit my alloy wheels?

Bert

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello All.
Can anybody help me with this as. I would like to get some new shoes for my 1996 Toyota Prado Land Cruiser. The alloys that I have are the Type 1C, size 16 x 7 JJ 15 (see attached images)
Will BFG AT KO2's 265/70 R16 fit these alloys?

Cheers,

Simon

Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

Those seem to be OEM Collie alloys, Then 265/70R16 is one of the factory fit tyre sizes - so any brand in that size should be fine.

Yeah thats the size the mrs has on her standard alloys though they are a cheap brand Jinuh , and so they will stay until i get around to fitting 16x8 wheels that fill the arches much better .

Those seem to be OEM Collie alloys, Then 265/70R16 is one of the factory fit tyre sizes - so any brand in that size should be fine.

Yeah thats the size the mrs has on her standard alloys though they are a cheap brand Jinuh , and so they will stay until i get around to fitting 16x8 wheels that fill the arches much better .

Many thanks Guys. It may seem like a silly question, but as my science teacher once told me, a silly question is one you don't ask!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Also more choice in tyre size at 265/75, as its common on Landies - also means you can often get cheap deals on 4x if you order from somewhere like Paddocks.

Also more choice in tyre size at 265/75, as its common on Landies - also means you can often get cheap deals on 4x if you order from somewhere like Paddocks.

Initially I was looking at Rough Trax (cause I like them) but I have found them considerably cheaper elsewhere. I did ask RT if they could match but they couldn't.
So if I got bigger tires, I'm sure this has been talked about before, how does this effect Speedo etc?

It does effect the speedo because you travel further with less turns of the wheel . But how accurate is your speedo because 285 75 R16 made my speedo dead on accurate according to satnav and them please slow down digital speed signs at the side of the road .

It does effect the speedo because you travel further with less turns of the wheel . But how accurate is your speedo because 285 75 R16 made my speedo dead on accurate according to satnav and them please slow down digital speed signs at the side of the road .

I'm running 235/85 and speedo is absolutely bang on upto 105kmh after that speedo starts to read very slightly out. (I have GPS nav which displays speed)

For 285 tyres, he would need a suspension lift? I was recommending the 265 75 as it fits without a lift

For 285 tyres, he would need a suspension lift? I was recommending the 265 75 as it fits without a lift

Yes i was just giving an example of how inaccurate a speedo might be , 285 75 is a big step up in size .

265/75's on the D4D speedo bang on (up to 75 anyway) but just fouled the front arch on 3/4 lock, cured with a 2" lift.
265/70's on the V6 speedo over reading by 4mph at 66mph ( reads 70) obviously fit arches as it should.
One thing to bear in mind is that fitting wheels with a different offset to standard will alter the fouling aspect.

When I got mine a few months back Blackcircles/ATS Euromaster had the best price with fitting. Its the same company but theres ususally a price difference between the websites

I've been looking at the BFG KO2 in 265/75R16 in the last couple of weeks and Tyreleader, Oponeo and Camskill from what I have seen,

If you can find them cheaper, please let me know! ;)

Add : Just updated this as all 3 above seem to have them for around the £126-128 mark.

Last edited:
265/75's on the D4D speedo bang on (up to 75 anyway) but just fouled the front arch on 3/4 lock, cured with a 2" lift.
265/70's on the V6 speedo over reading by 4mph at 66mph ( reads 70) obviously fit arches as it should.
One thing to bear in mind is that fitting wheels with a different offset to standard will alter the fouling aspect.

I've been looking at the BFG KO2 in 265/75R16 in the last couple of weeks and Tyreleader, Oponeo and Camskill from what I have seen,

If you can find them cheaper, please let me know! ;)

Add : Just updated this as all 3 above seem to have them for around the £126-128 mark.

Hopefully one last question on this guys. If I got 265/75 R16's on my '97 (un-lifted) Prado instead of 265/70's, are there any issues with the tire fouling on the bodywork when turning?

Cheers,
Simon

You might get some fouling - it depends. :neutral:

Sorry, I know that doesn't answer your question but I have fitted 265/75R16s on both the original Collie alloys and more recently on 80 series alloys. They both fouled a tiny bit on LH full lock, only on the mudflap, before and after I had a 50mm suspension lift. Others have fitted the same size without any issues.

However on most accounts I've read (and I've read very many :wink:) - 265/75 is a size that you can "upgrade" to without any significant issues.

I have recently fitted the KO2 in 265 75 on my '97 prado and they just fouled on the rear of the arch when on full lock, as mentioned above a 2" lift soon cured this.

Back